Manitoba sunset

earthmanbuck

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Hello there! I just got back from a camping trip in the Whiteshell and thought I'd share a bunch of my favourite pics from the trip in a few different threads around here. All comments and critiques are appreciated!

This is my "sunset" batch—it's the view from our campsite. Which one (if any) do you like best? I'm trying to get better at composition.

IMGP1901 (1).jpg
IMGP1917.jpg
IMGP1918.jpg

For me, landscape orientation works best for this type photo so #2 is the better IMO.

For me, landscape orientation works best for this type photo so #2 is the better IMO.
Thanks for the input! I agree with the landscape thing in theory, but for some reason #3 is the one I keep going back to. I'm not sure what it is...I think maybe I find the grass on the edges of #2 distracting. I kind of like the few scraggly tall shoots sticking well above the rest in #3, and am not as much a fan of how the thicker blades almost reach that height in #2.

#1 is my favourite as I like the complete sun and the extra colour in the sky. It would have been better in landscape mode though.

WesternGuy

I'm drawn to #3 the most and would suggest a slight clockwise rotation to the horizon line.

I'm drawn to #3 the most and would suggest a slight clockwise rotation to the horizon line.
Thanks for commenting! I initially tried rotating it to make the horizon level, but that made the grass in the foreground slant to the right, and I preferred the grass being straight to the horizon.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back