Andraste

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.aghostpage.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Hey all,​

Been a while (again lol) Since I've posted anything, so. Decided to put a few up.​

I went with a local ghost hunter's society on Saturday to one of my favorite places to investigate: Manteno State Mental Hospital. It's an old, run-down series of three or four buildings that once used to be a large network of 70. Unfortunately, they're tearing the remainder down soon, or so I heard, to make way for a gated sort of community. I took plenty of pictures out there, in case that would be the last time I'd see it.​

Sorry, there're a few of them. lol​

BlackandWhite5.jpg

BlackandWhite3.jpg

BlackandWhite2-1.jpg

BlackandWhite1-1.jpg

DigiPicsManteno136.jpg

Yeah, that last one's a little off center lol. But I think that room looks pretty neat, just wanted to post it for the heck of it lol. There're a few rooms left in the Morgan building like that, but none of the other ones are painted gold. I took it while I was walking past the room, we were about to leave. ^^​

Anyway, nothing special. But I wanted to post somethin after another long silence.​

Thanks for lookin' ^^ Take care.​

Well...I am glad to see that I am not the only person that goes in there. I just need to get my camera in there some time. Did you visit the Gennie room were all the writing is on that wall. Unfortunately there has been some punk kids in there but you can still make out some of the writing. Sounds like I should make one more trip there, seeings its only a couple miles away from the house.

Hey you two,

Thanks for the comments, I appreciate it. And yes, it's a great experience just going out with the Society. I have a blast ^^

And ClarkKent, I was ticked. Someone came in and painted over ALL of the writing in Gennie's room. It's nothing but while walls and graffiti now. There's some writing left on the bathtubs, but all of it on the walls is gone. Such a shame.. I was planning on taking good pictures of that when we went.

lol I personally love the place. But then again, You're talking to a 2 year running ghost hunter. ^_~ It's not a place for the faint of heart, for sure.

Anyway, thanks for looking ^^ Take care to both of you.

DeepSpring said:
What kinds of things were written on the walls?

Well once you get into some of the history of the insane asylum at the manteno state hospital, the gennie rom becomes more and more popular. If i remember right the writing on the wall was a description of her life in the aslyum, on how they treated her with different sorts of treatment. As it goes, I believe Gennie was the most experimented on, treatment wise patient the the history of the state.

If no one is familiar was the tubs were for, they were used for hydroshock therapy in which they were filled with ice cold water and patients were placed in them.

A really neat place, but he is right, not a place for the faint heart. Cause you here lots of wierd unexplainable noises. Kinda cool though!

Right on... Really dig this series. What an experience that would have been to get in there. You can feel this place from your pictures. I like how you have some really dark areas. It adds to the mystery of what might have gone on there.
Very well captured. Love it.

1 and 5 are fantastic and deeply engaging for me. The others are just shots of rooms and coridors and if I didn't know why they wouldn't hold my interest.

But 1 and 5 just make me wonder about what went on there and why. Great shots.

What are you shooting with and lighting with?

Hey all,

Thanks for the posts, I appreciate it! ^^ It was a great experience, Chiller. I've only been there twice now, and it really lives an impression.

ClarkKent, you're right about Gennie's room. That's what was written on the walls in there, far as I know. And if you really read into it, it seemed like Gennie was slowly deteriorating from the treatments she had to go through. It's a real shame to think of all she endured while staying there.

And Hair Bear, I don't have anything fancy lol. Just a Fuji Finepix A360. Didn't light with anything while I was there, all that was done with these pics is a little work in adobe photoshop. All we had while we were wandering Manteno were three flashlights between six of us lol. ^^

Thanks again everyone for the comments and stopping by! ^^

Andraste said:
And Hair Bear, I don't have anything fancy lol. Just a Fuji Finepix A360. Didn't light with anything while I was there, all that was done with these pics is a little work in adobe photoshop. All we had while we were wandering Manteno were three flashlights between six of us lol. ^^

^^

Great shots from that camera that shows its not the kit that takes a good pic.

Great series you captured here! It is creepy. Although I live just a few miles from there I never went into any of the buildings. Looks like I'll to plan a trip to check it out. Thanks for sharing!

great set... very spooky.... love the last one :thumbup:

Most reactions

New Topics

Back