Mantis

photobug

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
bimjo.com
Another slide scan form long ago. I took this one-handed holding the camera at arms length to get this shot.

There were 5 of these on the window screen, but every time I tried to get close enough to shoot them one would bug out (hahaha- bug out, get it? I'm so funny! :roll: ) so I just stuck it out there and looked through the viewfinder to make sure he was at least in the frame. Actual distance from the camera was about 2 feet.

This pic is a crop of the original to rotate things for the right perspective. Notice the weird DOF area because of the camera angle. I shot a half-roll of film & this was the only one even close to being in focus.

mantis01.jpg

Jim

One advantage of digital is you can try as many times as you like at almost zero cost (on the rare occasions they stick around that long)

Damien- too true & today that's what I'd use in this situation. Unfortunately, there weren't any digital cameras in 1976 when this was taken. :wink:

Metroshane- yeah, and he bailed right after this was taken. didn't like the company I guess. :)

Jim

AHHH!! get it off its biting me! nice shot jim, your really gonna have to quit with all the fabulous work, :cry:

md

Most reactions

New Topics

Back