Manual or Auto Focus on D90

arkuro

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I am using a D90 currently and I seem to get the impression that autofocus on D90 is not good enough so sometimes I have to switch to manual focus. Also I am confused that if I choose the focus point in single point focus mode D90 will 100% focus on that point or the focus depends on some other factors. It will be greatful if somebody could answer this.

Thanks!!!

my d90 never fails to autofocus well. except in super low light, then i just focus on something relatively bright at the same distance

Also I am confused that if I choose the focus point in single point focus mode D90 will 100% focus on that point or the focus depends on some other factors. It will be greatful if somebody could answer this.

Thanks!!!

The center focus point is a cross-type focus point giving 2-dimensional contrast detection and is the most accurate focus point you have available. The other 10 focus points only give 1-dimensional contrast detection (vertical).

Focus accuracy is also affected by the lens aperture. Nikon states an auto focus threshold of f/5.6.

In low light, the D90 has an auto focus assist light that is enabled/disabled with a camera menu setting. Be sure and re-read your camera users manual.

For a general understanding of how contrast-detection auto focus systems work visit:
Understanding Camera Autofocus

Thanks I will read it .. if i have any doubts i hope somebody will clear it .. thanks a lot to everybody :)

Most reactions

New Topics

Back