Marble

katastrophekaty

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I took this picture about two years ago but I was going through old pictures today to see what I could find and I came across this. I didn't edit it before today, and I have a few different versions of the same picture, and one cropped to get away from the distracting background.

$P1130359.JPG$P1130359-2.JPG$P1130359-3.JPG$P1130359-4.JPG

You will find that most people here will tell you to avoid selective coloring like the plague. It was a novel idea once that was quickly overused and abused.

As for the photo overall I find it uninteresting and get distracted by the torn fabric. Just my .02 YMMV. Welcome to the site.

You will find that most people here will tell you to avoid selective coloring like the plague. It was a novel idea once that was quickly overused and abused.

As for the photo overall I find it uninteresting and get distracted by the torn fabric. Just my .02 YMMV. Welcome to the site.

Does it look any better cropped?
$P1130359-6.JPG$P1130359-5.JPG

There were these ones as well but I feel like the child's hand might take away from it (especially since her fingernails and hand is dirty), and I think the background might have too much, just based on looking around here and noticing people commenting on the background being distracting or too busy.

$P1130361-2.JPG$P1130361.JPG$P1130358-2.JPG$P1130358.JPG

Actually, I kinda like the color cropped version. Losing the fraying fabric and some of the more powerful colors seems more pleasing to my eye, even though it's totally centered. Centering works from time to time.

Actually, I kinda like the color cropped version. Losing the fraying fabric and some of the more powerful colors seems more pleasing to my eye, even though it's totally centered. Centering works from time to time.

I prefer my subjects to be centered unless I'm doing a portrait up against a tree; depending on which side of the tree they are on, I like to have them more to the right/left and get some of the background. Or if I'm doing a close up width wise, i like them to be on the right side. I occasionally like some tilt, but it doesn't always seem to work out right, so I always get a straight shot. What I usually do is to a couple shots of each portrait, landscaped, and tilted, but hardly ever end up using the tilt.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back