Marblehead Lighthouse

Johnboy2978

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Website
www.johncountsphotography.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Hello all. It's been a long while since I've posted anything here. I was at the Marblehead Lighthouse this past week and I thought I'd post this for your thoughts. Comments and critique are appreciated. Thanks for looking

Good tones, nice sky - especially for a lighthouse. Just don't like the distortion that is especially noticeable in the keeper's house on the left.

Thanks deeky. I spent quite a while trying to remove the distortion but couldn't get further than this. I agree it's still pretty noticeable but started out really bad with a 10 mm focal length. It's also been a while since I've opened photoshop so I've forgotten some of those skills as well. Thanks for taking the time to comment.

I generally prefer colour, but this is very nice. Maybe cropped a tad tight?

I like the picture and like the place. Is this the only shot you worked on ? Did you try a shot with the lens axis along the fence ?

I like the picture and like the place. Is this the only shot you worked on ? Did you try a shot with the lens axis along the fence ?

Thanks Timor. I have a few others that I haven't edited yet, but I didn't take one along the fence. Would've been a good idea in retrospect. It took a while to have it absent of people and I just shot what I could.

Ah, my hometown :) You had a wonderful week to visit Marblehead! Nice picture~not used to seeing many B&W's of the lighthouse. I think the sky makes it work. Was this, by chance, the same day the waterspouts were seen off shore? You should have seen it there this spring with all the blue ice piled around it! Beautiful.

Ah, my hometown :) You had a wonderful week to visit Marblehead! Nice picture~not used to seeing many B&W's of the lighthouse. I think the sky makes it work. Was this, by chance, the same day the waterspouts were seen off shore? You should have seen it there this spring with all the blue ice piled around it! Beautiful.

Mandolin, it's a very picturesque site and would be a wonderful area to call home. It was a great week indeed. Temps in the 70's all week and no humidity. Saw a decent Indians game while in the area as well. I also visited the Vermillion lighthouse. Very quaint little town but I couldn't seem to capture much personality in the lighthouse there. I missed the waterspouts if they occurred that day. Would've loved to have seen that. I have some color shots that I haven't processed yet. I just decided to play around with b/w on this one to see if it works. Sans the lens distortion I rather like it. The sky does help add interest I think.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back