TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.darn.ca
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
logo.gif

Hey folks,

Thanks for your patience. This is by far the largest turnout of any challenge with 81 photos submitted. So thanks to all who participated this month and of course thanks to Quik Pod for sponsoring the Photo Challenge. Please check out the website for more Quik Pod information, http:///www.quikpod.com/dslr.asp.

So here are 81 great photos. Take a look and then cast your vote for your favorite.

Simplicity

You may notice that in the gallery some files appear larger then 150KB, but every photo included was less then 150KB when uploaded to the gallery.

To ensure that voting remains fair only active participating members of the forum may cast a vote. New members may not be able to vote right away in a challenge due to restrictions that have been put in place. If you cannot vote, but believe that you should be able to, feel free to send a pm to myself or another TPF staff member.

Please keep in mind that we are trying to keep this challenge anonymous (and unbiased) when it comes to both the submitting and the voting. Please avoid sharing your opinions about any specific photos until after the voting has completed and the winner is announced.

Please read the titles carefully in order to avoid confusion before voting. The photos may not be sorted in the correct order so to ensure you view them in proper order scroll to the bottom of the page and where it says "Display Options" ensure you select Sorted By: "Image Name" Sort Order: "Ascending" and then click on the "Show Images" button.

After viewing the photos please take the opportunity to vote for your favorite. Good luck to all. If there are any questions please let us know.

The mods/admins of ThePhotoForum.com may decide the winner from the top five submitted photos. The winner of the photo challenge will be contacted by Private Message (PM) on the day that the winner is announced. If the winner does not respond to the PM within 30 days they will not receive their prize and it will be put towards a future challenge. If we are unable to ship the intended prize to the winner do to his/her location we will provide another prize of equal value.

The polls will be open for the next seven days.

Wow, there are some great submissions this time around. I can't decide who to vote for. It's interesting to see how many people used "1-2-3" in some way or another.

I'm going to have to come back and look over them again before I vote.

Great job everyone!

One question I've wondered but just haven't asked, is about voting for your own photo. Not that I plan on voting for my own photo, but I'm wondering if others do, won't that technically give them a one-vote advantage over people that don't?

dunno, was asking myself same thing..

some really good submissions there, looks mine look stupid....and hasn't this ever hapened to anyone? i just had a really good idea for this..right now!!! when its all over!!!! oh well...

next challenge please!!! haha

There's nothing saying that you can't vote for your own. I pretty much assume everyone does. Whether you do or not is up to you.

Wow! It is amazing how many different views of simplicity there are..
I don't even think I will get a vote..
Oh well..

Hmmm, I've never voted for my own...somehow doesn't seem sporting. [Not that I'll ever be just one vote away from winning anyway! :roll: ]

I have voted for mine once, but I didn't this time.. lol

Yea, I didn't vote for mine either. It just seems weird. I mean, theoretically, everyone who submitted a photo could just vote for their own, and say no one else voted, then everyone would only end up with one vote - their own! I know it wouldn't happen like this, but you know what I'm saying?

I think we should be blocked from voting for our own...

it's too much fun trying to decide who to vote for to waste my vote on my own picture. Of course, there is temptation especially considering if you have at least one vote, more people probably pay attention to your submission...

I figure people that haven't submitted will still vote, I wonder if people who have submitted ever forget to vote?

This time around I'm trying to decide between #'s 4,8,14,17,21,32,38,39,40,48,62,72, and 79. So, even if I don't vote for yours, if you're in that group you know I wanted to! 81 to choose from...can we have two votes once there are 50+ entries? (haha then we can vote for ourselves twice)

Wow - there's one in there that I'm going to nominate for photo of the month...stunning.

And SBlanca...HELL yes that's happened! I had a thousand ideas right...after...I...submitted...mine.

Just today, as well.

That's why these are good for everyone, I think. I still shoot "Green" and "Macro" and a lot of assignments that have been recommended. Want to get better, gotta shoot, right?

Pretty sure MINE'S out. Don't care, either, 'cause it was fun - and besides, I alread have a really good monopod!

Good luck everyone. Now I'm off, looking for my favorite album...

well it didn't take as long as I thought it would..."simplicity" left a lot open to interpretation but in the end I chose a picture which was undeniably "simple" but surprisingly complex in many ways.

One thing for sure, though, without the subject to think about, I have a completely different favorite!

Most reactions

Back