March 2017 Challenge Winner (Yard)

snowbear

Fuzzy, wuzzy Nanuq
Staff member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Congratulations to David Smith (@Dean_Gretsch) for Gold in the Back Yard of Peril.

gold-in-the-back-yard-of-peril-jpg.137392

Thank you very much! I can't believe this photo won. I had intended on taking a macro photo of a shamrock ( since it was March and my birthday is St Patrick's day too, lol ) in my yard, but we had a record snowfall that kept the yard hidden for the remainder of the month. This was a spur of the moment, last ditch effort that really didn't deserve to win IMO. Thank you to all that voted for it...what the hell were you thinking?!?:soapbox:

I feel the peaceful in the picture. I like it.

You're being polite, but thanks! I didn't even vote for it:biglaugh:

Well, I did :801: ;)

It may have been a spur-of-the-moment shot, but it was well seen. It's a juxtaposition of several elements and feelings: peaceful and menacing, light and dark, natural and artificial. No offense, but I think it's a much more interesting picture than a macro of a shamrock would have been. I'm sure the shamrock would be well-done and pretty, but it wouldn't tell a story and prompt the viewer to think about anything the way this image did.

Ok, who are you and what have you done with our extraordinary Limr?? That was certainly unexpected and greatly appreciated. Thank you kind Madam.

Most reactions

Back