Maria Dessiray

Raymond J Barlow

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.raymondbarlow.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Something very specail happened today, Daisy and I became parents of a lovely healthy baby girl. To say the least, it was quite an experiance.

Daisy was due on the 14th, but Maria had other ideas., early this morning at 1 AM est., contractions began, 5:30 AM, Daisy said, let's go to the hospital, 6 AM, I had a shower.. lol.. 6:30 AM I came home from my usual coffee run.. OMG! 7 AM we arrived at the Hospital.

At 8 AM, they said she was 6 cm... girl talk!! they later gave her an epidermal.. OUCH!! then we both slept until noon... snorring included!

1 PM it was push time... 2 PM it was push harder! 3 PM, it was give it all you got PUSH!! 3:20 PM, with the help of some "salad tongs" Maria came into this world. Daisy was exhausted, and in some serious pain, but she didn't take her eye off that child.. not for a second!

All is well, daddy is proud as all heck, and both my ladies are resting well, about 200 yards from my home here in Grimsby, at West Lincoln Hospital.

I must say that when we were in Daisys room, and the nurses came to take Daisy for a bathroom break, and I was alone with my baby, I was overwhelmed with emotion, as if it all just hit me.. She was sleeping so quietly in my arms, and seemed so much at peace... it was wonderful.. beyond words.

Thanks for reading our story,,, pics are next...

1 in labor
DSC079240002websize.jpg

2 first photo!
DSC079280003websize.jpg

3 first hug from mom!
DSC079290004websize.jpg

4 Daisy, My sis in law Jean, Lori (our nurse << so awesome!) and my bro Geoff
DSC079350020websize.jpg

5 first nursing
DSC079370009websize.jpg

6 getting the vocal choreds warmed up!
DSC079390011websize.jpg

7 with auntie Syria
DSC079450017websize.jpg

8 saying night night to Daddy
DSC079470019websize.jpg

When I kissed her goodnight, my whiskers touched her cheek... if you could have seen the reaction!!! o my! her head popped up, and she gave me such a look!! amazing!

yes LaFoto.. Daddy will shave more often!

thanks for looking!

Another Barlow in the world!:thumbup: :D

Did you cut the chord yourself? I found that very emotional with Noah James, like giving him his first independant step into the world!:blushing:

Congratulations to all three of you!:thumbup: :hail:

CONGRATULATIONS!

So the order of things has been kept. Now Alison can go and have Evelyn any day now :D. Daisy made sure your girl (who has always been due first) would also be born first.

So happy to see little Maria and her mommy (and you are IN for that beating, and rightly so!, for posting photo 5!) and new family and all... long time for pushing, mind :shock: (don't know if the epidural does that, I never had any medication with any of my three).

Keep sending more pics, will you?
Maria is SUCH a lovely, lovely girl!

Oh, by the way, what is her birthday then? Dec 7 or 8?

Thanks so much everyone, I am so proud of my wife, she is so amazing and wonderful!

yes Chris I did cut the chord., it was cool!

Thanks LaFoto! Her BDay is Dec 7th, 05

A really big thanks to Lori, who was so awesome in the delivery room, she did everything she could to try to make Daisy comfortable... THANKS Lori!

Congratulations Raymond, Daisy and Maria. You guys are the best and I can't wait to see the baby. In a few weeks when things settle in I will bring down some portrait studio stuff and we can do some portraits.

Eric & Bernadette

Thanks Airic and XMetal I have studio flashes and umbrella's here bro, so I will be messing with them a bit soon... I am not much of an indoor photog, and I would love to see what you come up with!

i got tears in my eyes looking at your pics, raymond..and so fast too!! tickled for you and your girls...! i just love the last pic, though...that one is just sweet..!

congratulations....and best wishes....! happy daddy day!

Welcome to the world, Maria! She is beautiful and I'm so glad that Daisy is doing well! Evelyn's middle name will be Maria, so the TPF girls will have something in common :) I can't wait to see more photos of your little girl as you settle into life as parents with her!

Congratulations Raymond! And Daisy ofcourse!

And thats a lovely name you've picked! :D

we wanna see more pictures, soon! :)

Most reactions

New Topics

Back