Marijuana - Exhibit A

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't care if it stays illegal. Keeps the money out of the hands of people who mis-manage what we give them currently.
Righhttttt... because the drug dealers are handling their money SOOO much better!!! :er:
Perhaps you'd be surprised to read of a group of "dealers" in Minneapolis donate profits anonymously to a foodshelf and homeless shelter. Also, quite a few of them I've known are diligent accountants.

I miss my proto. I wish I had a huge bud like that to take a photo of. That's a sweet pattern on your glass piece. When I smoke, my high is like a crisp autumn morning. It invigorates my senses and fills me with hope. I think clearly enough and I find it unfortunatee that not all will feel the same in their high.This thread was meant to share different strains and equipment, a BIG miigwetch to those who are participating.Another thank you to those that oppose marijuana use for it is good balance to this think-tank discussion of the significance of marijuana in modern culture.

It'll be legal in America one day. Nearly every poll shows that those under age 30 support legalization, while those over 60 do not. The actuarial tables are on the side of legalization. Old people die, opinions change every generation or two.

What was the most violent time in American history post-civil war? Prohibition. Make it legal and you cut off the money maker for organized crime. Also, I haven't smoked since high school, and I'm now in my 30's. So it's not coming from a guy who just wants to get high. I fully support it, though.

Carry on.

ClAFY.jpg

As promised. Do you guys like my little carrying case? I think it's cute.

What was the most violent time in American history post-civil war? Prohibition. Make it legal and you cut off the money maker for organized crime. Also, I haven't smoked since high school, and I'm now in my 30's. So it's not coming from a guy who just wants to get high. I fully support it, though.

Carry on.
You know what the difference is though? The government gets a cut of every alcohol sale - that won't be true for pot.

The fact is, it will never be legal unless they get paid for it. And, trust me - they make a ton of money on it being illegal. Think of all those property seizures they would be giving up...

Not many people can make high quality whiskey in their tub (I'm sure some people can - but not enough to make a difference). Anybody can grow high quality pot...

Would you buy a bag or pack (or how ever they chose to distribute it) of pot when you can make a better product on your own for less money? No, you wouldn't - not unless you were stupid or rich (or lazy).

That is why it will (sadly) never happen... Yes, they could tax it, but people have to actually buy it for them to get the tax money... Even if nobody grew their own (lol), the tax money it would generate would never come close to what they make from 'the war on drugs'.

Carry on.
You know what the difference is though? The government gets a cut of every alcohol sale - that won't be true for pot.

The fact is, it will never be legal unless they get paid for it. And, trust me - they make a ton of money on it being illegal. Think of all those property seizures they would be giving up...

Not many people can make high quality whiskey in their tub (I'm sure some people can - but not enough to make a difference). Anybody can grow high quality pot...

Would you buy a bag or pack (or how ever they chose to distribute it) of pot when you can make a better product on your own for less money? No, you wouldn't - not unless you were stupid or rich (or lazy).

That is why it will (sadly) never happen... Yes, they could tax it, but people have to actually buy it for them to get the tax money... Even if nobody grew their own (lol), the tax money it would generate would never come close to what they make from 'the war on drugs'.

Growing high quality bud is NOT simple. It would probably take the equivalent in knowledge and resources to create a quality whiskey as it would to grow quality marijuana. If anyone could do it, the prices would not be so high for quality stuff.

It isn't so much the taxation that is the issue, it is the federal grants and money that piles into local and federal law enforcement to stop drugs. All of the pot seizures and busts that they are used as data compiled to show that they are "making a difference" in the fight against drugs. It would be nice to see our resources directed to stopping harmful drugs such as cocaine and meth. Even if lots of people try and do home projects, the resources required will still stimulate the economy. Having big corporations setup for legal marijuana will also create jobs, lots of jobs.

It sucks that it has such negative views socially, when in reality, it isn't half as bad as alcohol. It is something that will come with time and is viewed differently from generation to generation. There was so much propaganda about marijuana in the 50's and 60's that those who grew up in that generation still feel it is inherently evil (not everyone of course).

The fastest growing drug problem in our country is actually coming from the pharmacy. If this were and altruistic world where money didn't rule, they would make it a lot harder to get these high-powered prescriptions. It seems like in the past ten years it is easier and easier to get a legit prescription of hydrocodone. There is tons of money being made of the distribution of these drugs and it is all under the ruse of being legal. Marijuana can make some money for the govt. but it will not make the money that pills are making and is a non-addictive replacement for some of these medicines that is not half as lucrative. It needs to be acknowledged for its medicinal uses, but it should definitely be legalized as a recreational substance, similar to alcohol and tobacco.

How many of the pot smoker drive ?

I do, and I've only been in one accident... and that was before I started smoking pot. Haven't been pulled over either.

You shouldn't act like you know what you're talking about. Because it's clear you don't. Extremely clear.

Well back in 1979 when i got my first real motorbike both me and my best mate were hit on a cross roads (our right of way) by a driver the was smoking pot, i lost my motorbike and broke some bones my mate lost his life. This is not a made up story thas why i'm so edgy

Status
Not open for further replies.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back