Mariposa - Jewelry Shots

Matt these last 2 you posted are fantastic and I think address Mike's point of eye contact! While we notice the model (who is as beautiful as always) the jewellery is definately more eyecatching in these ones!

:thumbsup:

Thanks for your comments everyone. I always try to give a range of ideas to the client. I'll be shooting more jewelry with some different concepts in the future. Thanks for all the tips.

Melis, I usually shoot 2-3 frames in each pose, with some different facial expressions. After reviewing, you can see which poses really work, and then picking the best expression to go with it just comes down to feeling, both mine, and the clients.

As always, I'm trying to refine my work, pinpoint my style, and deliver the best work I can, so thank you all again.

Great shots, this is a bit off topic but how do you achieve such even smooth skin? is it more on the makeup and lighting side, or is it on post processing?

Matt, great second set and the #2 of that one is spot on. It's pose and lighting in that one that convinces me. Great work! :thumbup:

pascal

Thanks guys.

D50, the smooth skin absolutely has a lot do to with lighting and makeup, but also the model having good skin to begin with. There are post processing techniques, and I do a slight softening of the skin, but there is a fine line where too much of that looks real fake. I prefer to get the skin looking as smooth as possible before I photograph it.

Most reactions

Back