Market yourself

AceCo55

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
To tell you the truth, I found it annoying that I couln't preview your categories with thumbnails. Let's imagine that you have 50 photos in a gallery, and the photos that really interest me are in the last 10. I am going to be forced to look at 40 images that I'm not overly interested in - do you really think a casual visitor is going to have the patience to even look beyond the first 10? I'm not sure your present layout is scalable for 1000's of photos.
When I was in the greyscale gallery, there didn't seem to be an rhyme or reason to how the controls worked on a mouse click. Sometimes the image would change, other times it stayed the same and then rapidly changed twice. I didn't feel as though I had much control over my viewing experience.
I am using a laptop and because of the screen real estate, I only realised after a while and scrolling that there were some white dots under the photos that seemed to indicate the number of photos.
I enjoyed your photos but not the experience.
Ace Coote Photography

sm4him

In memoriam
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Website
sm4him.500px.com
Photos OK to edit
No website, just a flickr page: sm4him flicker page
and a 500px portfolio: sm4him on 500px

The 500px are, mostly, what I consider my best work. The flickr has more photos, but with varying degrees of "quality."
I am in the process of trying to get a lot more of my photos uploaded, but haven't found the time to do it.

OP
Inlights

Inlights

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
Www.inlights.ca
Photos OK to edit
To tell you the truth, I found it annoying that I couln't preview your categories with thumbnails. Let's imagine that you have 50 photos in a gallery, and the photos that really interest me are in the last 10. I am going to be forced to look at 40 images that I'm not overly interested in - do you really think a casual visitor is going to have the patience to even look beyond the first 10? I'm not sure your present layout is scalable for 1000's of photos.
When I was in the greyscale gallery, there didn't seem to be an rhyme or reason to how the controls worked on a mouse click. Sometimes the image would change, other times it stayed the same and then rapidly changed twice. I didn't feel as though I had much control over my viewing experience.
I am using a laptop and because of the screen real estate, I only realised after a while and scrolling that there were some white dots under the photos that seemed to indicate the number of photos.
I enjoyed your photos but not the experience.
Ace Coote Photography

Thank you for your input. I do not plan having 1000's of photos. Maybe 20 at the most in each category. I do plan on having a custom website built, but for now I enjoy this free one.

Most reactions

New Topics