Marketing "Free Head Shot w/ Haircut" How?

DeepSpring

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.joshualights.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
So I'm going into this salon one day and setting up a mini "studio" on their porch and everyone who gets a haircut that day can come to me and I'll shoot a few pics and e-mail them there favorite.

My question is how would you go about marketing this to the masses? I have this flier I made up (see below) and so far I have just been posting a million bulletins on myspace. I don't know why but the owner of the salon doesnt really want to make up any postcards or spend any money whatsoever on this event, which personally I think is silly. If we can bring more people in it's worth it. So I was just going to make some 1/2 page copies at staples from my own pocket and try and hang them up around town but I'm not sure the best places to do it? Kinds of places to look for?

Oh and I know this isn't the most head shot looking shot. I had a different one on there and the owner didn't like it and picked out this one from my pics so I'm not going to argue with him...
DejAd2.jpg

I would start with a respectable looking flyer. The gray background is boring, the title font is unattractive, and the sizing/orientation of the large text is off.

Oh and I know this isn't the most head shot looking shot.
This is a pretty crucial point, and I'd fight for it. It's like advertising your "Amazing Speling Services." If you're advertising free headshots... then you better have a great headshot in your ads... or you're going to confuse potential customers.

Sounds like a good idea to get your name out there. It should lead to some business. I am fairly new to the business side of photography and wonder if the average person would understand head shot to mean what it is. Maybe Portrait would be better marketing word.
I tryed a similar thing at a club were they set up a Mechanical Bull. I tethered the camera to the laptop so people could see my images and cought people midair as they were thrown from the machine and anybody who wanted the pic wrote the file # with there E mail. It got my name out a little but no real buisness.

I tryed a similar thing at a club were they set up a Mechanical Bull.
The haircut idea might work better... because most of the potential clients won't be drunk off their ****es, as I'm assuming the Bull riding people were.

I'll look into the ad suggestions. Yeah I'm really hoping this can work. I'm going to have my laptop set up so they can just pick out their favorite like that ^^^

Depending on how this does I might try it again at another store, more like a merchandise place. People don't have to spend $40 or w/e a cut costs to be able to get the picture and a lot of people aren't going because they don't need a new haircut.

Thanks for all these suggestions, especially so fast. I'll get workin on that stuff.

The haircut idea might work better... because most of the potential clients won't be drunk off their ****es, as I'm assuming the Bull riding people were.

And also with shooting portraits people can see I can do that and will want to hire me later for it. With bull riding what will they do? Hire you to shoot them on a bull......? But it must have still been a fun night. And getting your name out there anyways you can is always good.

And also with shooting portraits people can see I can do that and will want to hire me later for it. With bull riding what will they do? Hire you to shoot them on a bull......? But it must have still been a fun night. And getting your name out there anyways you can is always good.

It was learning as much as anything else for me, yep they were drunk and not a good target client and it was fun till my Lady tired of getting hit on as I shot the riders ,so we left. LOL

It was learning as much as anything else for me, yep they were drunk and not a good target client and it was fun till my Lady tired of getting hit on as I shot the riders ,so we left. LOL

Drunk people are actually pretty good targets for getting money, you just have to get the money up front while they're still drunk. Collect the money at the bar, and mail them the print. :)

+1 to redoing that flyer. You can take 2 hours out of your day to brainstorm something a little more dynamic than that.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back