Marlee- 3 months

dab_20

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Just a couple photos I liked out of the shoot I did a couple weeks ago with my cousin's little girl, Marlee. Although I know they aren't anything spectacular, I would love some C&C. I'll be doing another shoot with her in a Christmas dress in a week... will be working on a variety of poses and such.

P1013492-1.jpg

P1013522-1.jpg

Last edited:
I'm not much of a professional or even an amateur at all, but personally, I think you can really bring out the contrast in the second one with some post-processing. Also (personally) I'd like to see these in B&W as well.

Can't wait to see how much she's grown in your next photo-shoot.

Cute kid! usually when i shoot infants that young, i try to use props of some sort to bring some life into the photos. Close ups like these are important too.

Thanks for the comments. I didn't spend much time post processing them... I'll mess with them some more.

What kind of things do you personally use for props? Things to place them on? Or just like little baskets to place them in and such?

In future, I would suggest shooting from a little farther back with a smaller aperture to ensure sharpness; both of these appear slightly soft in the face.

Angles, lighting, head gear, camera angle/height...

Throw a cool cap on her, get down to eye level, hang up a dark cloth well behind where you are shooting her, and use some window light if you dont have a strobe.

Most reactions

Back