Maroon Bells- Amazing Place!

cbarnard7

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Hi Guys,

This weekend I brought my wife to Aspen to celebrate her birthday. While we were there we stopped by Maroon Bells, which is one of the most beautiful (and photographed) places I have ever been to! It was incredible, and I managed to get these shots. Please let me know what you think (C&C welcome) and which one(s) is/are your favorite. Thanks! :D
$aspenshadow.jpg
$B&WLog.jpg
$bellsold.jpg
$maroonbells.jpg

Beautiful! Last time I was up there the lake was frozen over. The area is certainly photogenic, which is why it is so heavily photographed! I think #2 is my favorite, though I want to like #3 more but for some reason it doesn't quite sing to me as much. I'm not sure that makes sense, but there you have it.

Beautiful! Last time I was up there the lake was frozen over. The area is certainly photogenic, which is why it is so heavily photographed! I think #2 is my favorite, though I want to like #3 more but for some reason it doesn't quite sing to me as much. I'm not sure that makes sense, but there you have it.

I'm looking forward to possibly going there in the fall to see the Aspen's change color. I could imagine how incredible it looks with snow all over it in the winter!

I appreciate the comments, and I was kind of messing with different settings in LR5, and was going for an "older National Park map-type" picture for #3 if that makes any sense? I tried to contrast that with the last one, which I heavily polarized. There wasn't a cloud in the sky that day and it was about 75 degrees...too bad I live in Denver (the 3+ hour drive is a little much) or I'd be going back for pictures all the time. Do you live in Colorado, or did you visit them from outside the state?

#4 is the winner for me. Great location!

Do you live in Colorado, or did you visit them from outside the state?

Native-born Coloradan here. I'm the same; would visit the Bells more often if it wasn't such a long drive! Sort of need to stay at a cabin overnight to make the trip worthwhile.

#4 is the winner for me. Great location!

Thanks, Waiting! It really was an awesome place to visit and hike...there's a million places in CO to do so, but this was up there as one of my favorites for sure!

Most reactions

Back