Mars?

LaFoto

Just Corinna in real life
Staff member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
PlasticSpanner will be able to tell me if I managed to get Mars into my photo (taken 10 minutes ago):

IMG_3965.jpg

No changes at all.
Longest exposure my camera offers: 15s

The bright full moon shone to my right (had moved south by then).

Edit: Oh my God, how huge is THIS!?!?!?!?
It's because it contains so little information - digitalphotowise... Sorrreeeee!

I have no idea where Mars is now in relation to Germany but is that Orion I see?

LWW

Sorry! I had to play with the levels to get all the information out of it! There's a lot more there than you might have realised which is why it was such a large file size!

img39655gk.jpg

So yes! you did get Mars!!! :hail: You also got something else! Don't know what it is maybe a short meteor, a cloud, a planes vapour trail or a UFO!:lol:

Thanks for pointing Mars out to me, even though I was quite sure I had captured it after I had seen your explanation to doenoe. Plus it clearly looked red to "the naked eye".

That unknown flying (?) object in my photo is in each and every one I took, and it was stationary --- I was standing there getting photos of the sky for ... hm ... a quarter of an hour, I would say, and every exposure "sports" this thing! Always in the same place, not moving, not shifting, not going anywhere. Which excludes a vapour trail, a meteor (that would have moved, wouldn't it?) and the attack of the killer alien from outer space! Questions and riddles.........!

Great shot laFoto! I am hoping to get some shots of mars myself over the next month or so.

That mystery spot might be an internal reflection or some kind of lens flare? Was it in the same spot relative to the stars or the same spot relative to the frame? It looks just like an edge on spiral galaxay, but there should be nothing there, certainly nothing that large and bright.

I'm afraid the UFO is some sort of lens flare from the moon that was very much to my right when I took these photos. I checked through all of them and had to find out that the "galaxy" moved when I moved the camera to the right. Sob-sob. I wanted to have detected a new galaxy myself (with the little camera you can see in my signature, no less! :cry: ;)

Here are two photos that show quite clearly how the "galaxy" moved:

1a_Nachthimmel4_17-09-05.jpg

1a_Nachthimmel6_17-09-05.jpg

These two have gone through some slight post-processing treatment.

oh come on guys! It's UFO! They spotted Corinna taking pictures of them so they posed! pfff... it's obvious! :D

Ha! Why would they? Whenever some UFO-astronauts would see me, they would want to land and get to know me! So there!

oh come on! that's great! you'd have models! original! noone else would shoot them!

Alas! They did not land.... :(

hey Lafoto! very cool... you did get in mars eh ;) nice shot :)
Thanks plastic spanner for the detailed info :)

The unknown I believe is one of the Messier objects but I would have to dig out my charts to tell which.

LWW

Most reactions

Back