Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
8 months Pregnant

Attachments

• DSC_0435 copy.jpg
    DSC_0435 copy.jpg
    315.5 KB · Views: 282
Okay... and? To be honest, given that this is posted in the Professional Gallery, I find it somewhat lacking. The subject's positioning in the frame doesn't make sense to me, the lighting is (IMO) less than flattering, and there's an upleasant highlight caused by her braces. The highlights seem small and rather too low indicating a key light that was either too far away or used with too small a modifier, and too low relative to the subject. Her pose also seems rather awkward and forced.

My suggestion would be either a very large 60 - 70" modifier to provide a very soft, gentle light, or a tight, gridded light on an angle from upper camera left. This isn't a bad image by any stretch, but there is significant room for improvement.

I've got to second the position within the frame concept. She is placed far off to the right, against a huge expanse of dead space, and that decision causes visual imbalance, and tension, and works directly against the pleasing expression she has. The skin tones look quite irregular in color, and the overall lighting scheme allows her hair to fade into the sea of blackness. Even a tiny hint of hairlight, or separation light on the left side of her would have helped elevate this, even if it were five stops below the main light level.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back