Maternity and Engagment shoot C&C

DKMPhoto

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Hello, I am new to posting here, I have been lurking for a few weeks.

I had a maternity shoot yesterday and an engagement shoot today. My title probably makes it sound like they were together. I am a beginning photographer and would love some C & C on the composition, lighting, or anything else.

Thank you in advance!

ry%3D400

ry%3D400

ry%3D400

ry%3D400

the people in the e session look they're freshmen in high school!

No expert here...
-I love the first one.
-Second one looks to be a little overexposed. Her shirt seems to be very white. Cute though.
-Third just doesn't do much for me.
-I like this one but is there supposed to be the hazy white stuff at the bottom?

No expert here...
-I like this one but is there supposed to be the hazy white stuff at the bottom?

I am not sure what I did wrong to get this hazy part. Maybe I just had the sun at the wrong angle but it wasn't particularly sunny in that area. Any ideas?

1. To be honest, I think think that the novelty of this particular "pose" has worn off, that said, however, I suppose it's a staple of gendre. I would like to see a little more DoF though. I think all four hands should be sharp. Additionally, it's very mid-tone rich and would benefit from a contrast increase. Finally, I'd suggest cropping/cloning the child's head as it is a bit distracting.

2. Really nice, but as mentioned about 1/2 -2/3 stop over-exposed. The whites in both shirts and the bed linens are blown in several spots.

3, 4. Both of these should be leveled; aside from that, I'd prefer to to be slightly "closer" to the subject. In #3 you don't see the woman's face at all, and in #4 they take up too little of the frame.

Just my $00.02 worth - your mileage may vary.

~John

Thank you so much tirediron those are all great things for me to work on.

I really appreciate it.

Most reactions

Back