luvtkngpics

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
amandasurdelphotography.blogspot.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
hey everyone...

does anyone have any pointers on taking decent maternity photos? i am taking some pics for a friend for free so there's no real pressure but i want them to be the best i can do. i'm still not completely comfortable with the manual settings. the pictures will be taken inside her house with a lot of natural light and an sb-600 flash mounted on the hotshoe. are there any pretty basic settings i can start out with until i get the hang of this more?

thanks!

Play around as much as possible. I am guessing your friend knows that you are new to this and will be expecting you do take lots of pictures. Its tough to recommend settings without being there. Until you go to take these photos play around as much as you can with the settings.

hey everyone...

does anyone have any pointers on taking decent maternity photos? i am taking some pics for a friend for free so there's no real pressure but i want them to be the best i can do. i'm still not completely comfortable with the manual settings. the pictures will be taken inside her house with a lot of natural light and an sb-600 flash mounted on the hotshoe. are there any pretty basic settings i can start out with until i get the hang of this more?

thanks!

i've been a professional lifestyle photographer for two years now and this is perfect for me to respond to as i have the same setup as you. First bounce your sb-600 off the ceiling and put your camera into A (aperture priority). use the smallest aperture available. if u need anymore help just let me know!

Most reactions

Back