manderb1

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
bollingersphotography.webs.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
This is my brother and his wife to be.

The images are SOOC, NOTHING has been edited yet. I still need to touch up the portraits and pop the color

P1020710.jpg

P1020712.jpg

P1020713.jpg

P1020716.jpg

AND FINALLY
P1020717.jpg

They just wanted some quick shots, so I took them in my backyard for a 5 min session

In two and three that branch is distracting. You REALLY need to pop the color, and maybe remove her stretch marks? But the fourth picture is OOF and makes me a bit dizzy. Once you edit them they should be fine :)

hmmm, how can I say this gently...

To get the proper effect and atmosphere for maternity shots, you need shallow depth of field in all of them, especially #1, #2, #3, and #5. You can do this by widening your aperture as much as possible (low f stop, such as 1.8, 2.8, or 3.5), and distancing yourself from the subjects. This will bring focus to your subjects, separating them from the background, and will help eliminate background distractions, such as the blown out house and car in #2 and #3.

The pics are very large for web viewing. The viewer is scrolling too much to see the elements of each image. Try to keep your pics at 800 px or less in length.

#3 was uploaded in horizontal format when it should be vertical (oooh, my neck hurts ;-))

#4 is out of focus, and there is not enough subject in the frame.

There are a couple of other bothersome elements as well, such as the branches that are covering up her arms in #2 and #3. And I cant tell exactly, but if you used head on flash, it seems to have given off flat lighting.

#5 is just kind of disturbing to me...:confused:

Also, I am wondering why you didnt edit your pics first before showing them if you intended on editing them anyway?

Sorry if this was too harsh, just trying to help. :)

I don't know why I put them on here. I guess I wanted some critiques. I thought the forums where used as a way to better your photography. Get different ideas from different people. Diversity. I had know idea that people had a dry sense of humor, but i will remember that and keep the "disturbing" images out.

The images didn't show up too large on my screen, but I will keep in mind, if I upload anymore images, to keep it at 800.

I thought I did provide a critique. I mentioned something about how to get better depth of field, as well as a few other tips that I thought might help.

Sorry if I offended you, it was not my intention to do that. I had every intention of giving an appropriate critique. :)

Most reactions

Back