Maternity Pictures for C&C

scorpion_tyr

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Website
lawrenceburnsphotography.yolasite.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
So I finally finished setting up my in home studio just in time to do my first maternity shoot of the year. I also got to try out my new camera and my new lens. I know most of you don't care for the selective coloring, but my clients asked for it. C&C is appreciated!

IMG_0647ew15.jpg

IMG_0593escw15.jpg

IMG_0580escw15.jpg

IMG_0677ebww.jpg

I'm not the biggest fan of the blocks pose, to be completely honest. I don't feel as if there's enough contrast or separation between her and the blocks to really draw the eye in. This might actually work better in B&W, though.

I like the 2nd and 3rd the most. I'm not a big fan of the guy's expression in the last one. Just makes me feel...weird.

Overall very good photos though! :)

1. I agree that some more separation between the blocks and the belly probably would have helped. On the other hand, I like the way the husband is reaching around to hold the blocks while she frames her belly...I haven't seen a block shot like that before.

2 & 3. I'll forgive the selective coloring since the clients asked for it. I think the selective color and the props actually detract from these shots, but again, if the clients like them...

4. Nice composition, but I too dislike the husband's expression. He's way too focused on flexing his tri.

One overall observation: all four are directly on the front of the belly, and #3 is the only one which really conveys the shape of the belly (thanks to his hands moreso than hers). Did you shoot any from a 3/4 or a side perspective? That would help get the curve of the belly offset against the background, or help with contour defining shadows along the belly itself.

Thanks for all the compliments!

1. I agree that some more separation between the blocks and the belly probably would have helped. On the other hand, I like the way the husband is reaching around to hold the blocks while she frames her belly...I haven't seen a block shot like that before.

Thanks for the advise, I will have to remember that for next time. I did provide a selective color version to the clients, but I didn't want to overdue the SC pics in this post is the only reason its up here.

4. Nice composition, but I too dislike the husband's expression. He's way too focused on flexing his tri.

I'll blame that one on my wife/assistant, she was telling him to flex more.

One overall observation: all four are directly on the front of the belly, and #3 is the only one which really conveys the shape of the belly (thanks to his hands moreso than hers). Did you shoot any from a 3/4 or a side perspective? That would help get the curve of the belly offset against the background, or help with contour defining shadows along the belly itself.

I did a lot of shots from side and 3/4, and my clients liked them, but for some reason I didn't really get a good vibe from those shots so I didn't put them up in this post.

To me these all say "pregnant belly" instead of "pregnant woman." Did you get any shots where you can actually tell WHO is pregnant? :)

First one, I don't really like the blocks.

The selective coloring for 2 and 3 actually work. At least I think it does ha :D

and the last one... I feel he needs a different expression.. It kinda creeps me out..

Nice job!

Can't say I like the color selection, but if I had to pick one I would go with the roses. In the other one, I cringe a little bit because her hand is cropped out of the top of the frame.

Most reactions

Back