Maternity Portraits

brianne5499

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I did my first two maternity sessions ever Saturday. These are a few of the photos.
2290421969_e0ea235db1.jpg

2290981106_bb4bdfc020.jpg

2290980524_23b158da78.jpg

2290176163_61ecb2b599.jpg

2290178003_68301e0959.jpg

2290977052_84e3769258.jpg

2290415207_57e26b9462.jpg

c&c welcomed and appreciated!:mrgreen:

maternity sessions are big in usa arn't they?

i dont know anybody that has has them done in england.

i dont understand the appeal.

the big stretched stomach is not attractive and its not a pic you would have on your mantel piece is it?

but if its what the customer wants they are clear sharp and interesting poses

Jols, that's bit harsh!!!! Many women think that pregnancy is also time to celebrate the beauty of their bodies during that season of their lives! Maybe the photos are not for the mantlepiece, but rather as part of the journey in celebrating the miracle of a new life!

Brianne, I think you have some lovely poses. Some of the pics are a bit "dark" for me, but my style is bright, so it might very well just be a personal thing.

I generally don't like selective colouring, but I love the one with his name!

Well done! I'm sure they will absolutely LOVE them!

Anelle

sorry that was a bit harsh when i re read.

the photos, im sure they will be well pleased with them.

i was just noticing the difference between usa and uk regarding maternity pics.

didnt mean to offend, but i agree it did sound harsh and i apoligise

sorry that was a bit harsh when i re read.

the photos, im sure they will be well pleased with them.

i was just noticing the difference between usa and uk regarding maternity pics.

didnt mean to offend, but i agree it did sound harsh and i apoligise

lol That's ok, None taken. :lmao:

thanks

have they seen the pics yet?

Jols, that's bit harsh!!!! Many women think that pregnancy is also time to celebrate the beauty of their bodies during that season of their lives! Maybe the photos are not for the mantlepiece, but rather as part of the journey in celebrating the miracle of a new life!

Brianne, I think you have some lovely poses. Some of the pics are a bit "dark" for me, but my style is bright, so it might very well just be a personal thing.

I generally don't like selective colouring, but I love the one with his name!

Well done! I'm sure they will absolutely LOVE them!

Anelle

Thanks alot! I noticed you mentioned liking brightness in your portraits. It really depends on the subject with me. lol Apparently alot of people like the selective coloring...both clients requested it. I did them both ways just for a choice.

I simply love these. I also use wooden blocks for the name, and do selective colouring!! Great minds, hey :)
Anyway, my fave is the one with the siblings.

thanks

have they seen the pics yet?

They saw the raw pictures, before any editing. Both seemed very pleased. One had abdominal scars from a past surgery that she wanted removed so I think she'll be even happier with the final outcome.
I'm Meeting with them in a few hours to let them choose the poses they want.

I simply love these. I also use wooden blocks for the name, and do selective colouring!! Great minds, hey :)
Anyway, my fave is the one with the siblings.

Thanks so much! I Just wish i could have put more of the little blond boy in, but alas, Not enough background...lol I could have moved them around to make room, but poor mom had a hard enough time getting down there to begin with so I decided to make do and not put her through it. lol

I'm doing a monthly session with my son's step mom (she just found out she's expecting again) and I did her first one Saturday also. We used the blocks to spell out 7 weeks.

Maternity is big in the US yes.. Its a beautiful time in a womens life. knowing that she is carrying a new person that her and her husband graciously created.. Its absolutely gorgeous!!

maternity sessions are big in usa arn't they?

i dont know anybody that has has them done in england.

i dont understand the appeal.

the big stretched stomach is not attractive and its not a pic you would have on your mantel piece is it?

but if its what the customer wants they are clear sharp and interesting poses

I agree...I think pregnant bellies are cute.
Maternity is big in the US yes.. Its a beautiful time in a womens life. knowing that she is carrying a new person that her and her husband graciously created.. Its absolutely gorgeous!!

I see that you have that your images are okay to edit so I hope you don't mind, I played with two of them. You have some great comp here and some lovely images. The thing I do notice is slight underexposure.
What is your editing program? If you can fin your histogram in there it will tell you when they are underexposed. If You google histograms it will give you lots of articles about how to read them and understand them. :)
All in all excellent ideas and crops. :)

2290981106_bb4bdfc020.jpg
newtpf.jpg

2290980524_23b158da78.jpg
newtpf2.jpg

Kathi, I love your plays!

Brianne, sometimes the line between slight underexposure and a darker look for the subject is a fine one...

If you look at your originals you will notice that the whites are not white, but slightly grey. In Kathi's plays they are white without being blown out, which means the are properly exposed.

But like I said before: I really LOVE them!

Anelle

Thanks Guys! Those look MUCH better! I have CS3. These were just quick edits that I did. I had lots of poses to edit (and stretch marks to remove lol) so I really only took my time on the SC poses. I'll go through and fix those before sending them to be developed. Thanks again!!:mrgreen:

Most reactions

Back