Maternity session with my wife

robertwsimpson

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Website
www.flickr.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Extremely well-conceived shoot! And well-executed. (Oops, i realize that might sound like a pun, but it's not.) This is a really good idea! The pink sticker?? Very simple, and effective. I LIKE the tungsten lighting, and the low-key feeling. Nice results.

Thanks Derrel!

My wife got a bunch of stickers, one for every four weeks, so we've been having fun conceiving of new and different ways to shoot the photos. This was the first that I used any off camera flash. I actually key lit and rim lit these with a flash, but tried to make it look like the lamp was doing the work. fun to try and balance ambient with flash. Thanks for your comments!

I forgot to say it, but the piano is a stroke of genius as a posing aid/prop!!! Just a doggone great set!

I agree, it's a great idea and you pulled it off well. The only thing I'm not sure about...is that the lamp itself is so bright in all the image where it appears in-frame...it's distracting.

There is a (sometimes fine) line between a photo being about a subject and a photo being about the lighting (especially to other photographers who are interested in lighting). And to me, I tend to see/think about the lighting, rather than the subject...probably because of the bright lamp. Certainly not wrong or bad...just what I'm seeing.

Oh, congrats!

I guess I was thinking mostly about the lighting too. I was trying to be "intentional" without being distracting, but you're right, there is a fine line. Thanks for the comments.

I like the set overall, but I feel too that the lamp is a little overpowering, and as well, the tight crops in one, two and three where she's lost a hand, elbow or whole arm bother me a little.

I agree with John. That lamp sucks the eye into it.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back