Maternity Session

GHP

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.gordonhowephotography.ca
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I'm very new at this sort of work but it is proving to be a popular style so I'm trying it out.

sm_DDD_2717.jpg

sm_DDD_2748a.jpg

sm_DDD_2801a.jpg

sm_DDD_2743.jpg

Very nice indeed!

I like the first shot...good lighting..good feel to it.

#1 is beautiful! How did you light it?

I love number 3 the most. The selective coloring with that beautiful yellow is wonderful, a great choice for maternity shots in my opinion!

#1 is beautiful! How did you light it?

I used a 2X3 softbox slightly behind the subject to achive the 'rim' lighting. There is also an umbrella on the right side behind a bit also. This created a bit of bounce reflection from the white walls which washed the dark areas to give just a bit of detail in the shadows.

Thank you all for your comments.

These are beautiful! I love the posing too. I've done 2 maternity shoots out of my whoppin' 4 shoots and am still having a hard time being creative about my posing.

These are beautiful! I love the posing too. I've done 2 maternity shoots out of my whoppin' 4 shoots and am still having a hard time being creative about my posing.

Thanks! I think posing for maternity is much harder than for portraiture because there are not a lot of ways of shooting this that hasn't been done to death! I'm always looking for a new way to show something. Lighting is certainly one way of doing that.

Most reactions

Back