Maternity shoot C&C please!

Reyna

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
This is a good friend of mine and I practiced using her as my model yesterday. I am going to give them to her (of course) but would LOVE some c&c first. Thank you!

20aauzb.jpg

fxdmvq.jpg

2vnqhvo.jpg

359mvra.jpg

et5v9k.jpg

2i1oaas.jpg

#4 - can't see the face, for all I know its an Alien :D
#6, very dreamy, I'd BW it

Overall, good composition, exposure. They are bit too soft for my flavor. It could be a lens/technique issue.

keep on shooting and improving

I think you should try making some of them B&W , would look better for some.

very nice pictures :D

i really like #3 and #5!! maybe put more of her legs in #1. agree with the others in that these would also look great in B&W. great shots!!! :)

I am so glad you all like them! I really thought I would get a lot of editing comments. Also, I have made many of them BW and Sepia. Kinda weird there is the EXACT same post under this one though.....

Here are a few more since you guys like them!

2j17ltg.jpg

2a7sqid.jpg

Thank you!

My Nikon D60 and most were taken with my 55-200mm lens.

very nice, crisp and clear, I do agree with not being able to see her face, but I think it adds to it, I like them :)

Personally I like to see a bit of skin (ie bare belly) on a maternity shoot, but that's just me.

Personally I like to see a bit of skin (ie bare belly) on a maternity shoot, but that's just me.

Oh, me too but t was FREEZING outside and there was just no way.

These are nice! Ultimately, remember, it's still basically a portrait situation. The BW versions are better, and maybe part of why is that the light in your shoot isn't very nice. Early or late, the light's warmer, prettier, for this kind of shoot. Shot at those times, your color versions might work.
So I guess the takeaway is that it's almost always all about the light!

Andrew Boyd
The Discerning Photographer

These are nice! Ultimately, remember, it's still basically a portrait situation. The BW versions are better, and maybe part of why is that the light in your shoot isn't very nice. Early or late, the light's warmer, prettier, for this kind of shoot. Shot at those times, your color versions might work.
So I guess the takeaway is that it's almost always all about the light!

Andrew Boyd
The Discerning Photographer

Thank you. What if I warmed them up a bit....

Does this look better?

2upwxfd.jpg

2d6k4yw.jpg

I just think it's to easy to make them BW... color is much harder to get perfect! Like I said though, I have all of them in BW also.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back