TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Camera:Nikon CP 5400
Shutter speed: 1/125sec
Aperture: 3.5
ISO: auto
White balance: auto preset.
Middle of day, cloudy no rain.

If possible i would like peoples thoughts on this angle. tehse are basically cubes of varying sizes. thsi one is is of some god froma Taoist temple with warriors gaurding it. Would a straight on shot be better off? perhaps darker/more contrast. i am a little unhappy with how much it washed ut, but i am very new to photography.

it is an unedited photo other than size.

matsu1.jpg

thanks for any help :)

It's very busy and hard for me to know what the subject is. You could say the whole temple, but I think it would be a stronger image if it were more directed. If you were this close, I might get closer to some of the details, like the warriors or the tassles and make them the focal points. Or if you wanted the whole temple, step back and compose it in it's surroundings.

I agree with Marc, it seems too busy. It either has too many subjects or none at all. It needs one or two strong focal points to draw and hold our view...but as it is, I don't know what I'm supposed to be looking at...or maybe I just don't know what I'm looking at. If that makes sense.

I'm sure it's an interesting subject, do you have any other shots of it?

Welcome to the forum, by the way.

sorry i should have explained ths better. think of a parade with a bunch of these things going by. i cant explain it too well so here is a lousy photo of the full thing.

matsu14.jpg

Hi, you may think the second one "a lousy picture of the full thing" and sure it could be improved, but it does tell you whats going on. The other posts say what I would say, so take their advice. If you're going for a close-up, then pull focus and shoot at a very wide aperture to get emphasis on one section, so you have a point to attract the viewers eye to.

excellent thanks a ton guys/gals! jsu tneed to wait 3 more years till the next one :mrgreen:

Most reactions

Back