matting question

sarasphotos

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I am working on a project and I have 7 4x4 photos that I am wanting to matte in a fram horizontally with spaces in between each photo where the matte is border around them. Does that make sence?? haha and then I need a frame to frame it horizontally. I cannot find the things i'm looking for anywhere! Does anyone here matte and frame photos?? If so where do you get your stuff from??

Heh... I told you before.. find the frame with the matte first, then put the photos. If you have 7 4x4 you have to custom frame and matte it. My guess it would cost you over $200 if you go to a good framing place

does this mean your going to cut the windows yourself?

there are several on line framing options.

American Frame Metal & Wood Picture Frames - American Frame

Pictureframes.com – Picture frames, ready made picture frames, custom picture frames, custom canvas printing, wood picture frames, metal picture frames, discount picture frames

just let them know the final size and they can send you the rails(metal) to put together yourself, or wood which they will send already together.

I am sure there are framing places in your location that can do it for you, from figuring out the spacing, measureing and cutting of the window, mounting on the backboard and the of course putting together the frame.

I couldn't find the last post i posted about this! Sorry never read your response.... thanks for the info

I am working on a project and I have 7 4x4 photos that I am wanting to matte in a fram horizontally with spaces in between each photo where the matte is border around them. Does that make sence?? haha and then I need a frame to frame it horizontally. I cannot find the things i'm looking for anywhere! Does anyone here matte and frame photos?? If so where do you get your stuff from??
By the way, it's spelled mat.

Like so?:
7-4x4.jpg

This mat is 36 inches by 6 inches. There is 1 inch at each end and between each 4x4. Don't forget to add to the mat dimensions for the frame rabbit.

As mentioned you are in the market for a custom made mat and frame. When matting an image(s), you'll also need mountboard behind the mat and photos.

Documounts :: Documounts 101

Most reactions

Back