Matt's fault!!! (ksmattfish, that is)

Mitica100

Staff member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Well Mattie, you made me so friggin' jealous about not having a Leica that I went and got me one! :mrgreen: It's a IIIf red dial body in excellent working and cosmetic shape. Can't wait to feel it in my hands, buddy!

39_12_sb.JPG

Thanks a lot, pal! :wink: :)

You Leica owners can all bite me.... :x

:drool: Can't wait to see the pics, Mitica! ;)

terri said:
You Leica owners can all bite me.... :x

Now, now terri... Was that an invitation?? :shock: :shock: :blushing: ;)

Since I don't have a Leica lens on (just yet...) I'll put on the Canon 50/1.8 from the SBIV and see what comes out. :D

Mitica100 said:
I'll put on the Canon 50/1.8 from the SBIV and see what comes out. :D

Hey, I have that lens too. Haven't tried it yet. Congrats on the new camera.

mmmmm how I'd like a Leica. I was just checking over their website the other day, and man those things are expensive when you buy them new. But I bet they've got to feel great to hold. What I'd really like is their R9 with the Digital Modul R. It's swappable between film and digial -- how cool! :drool:
Some day, when I grow up and become the CEO of a mega-million dollar company, I'll buy myself one of those :sexywink: . But for now, I think I'll keep my hopes to maybe one of those IIIfs or similar for some day.

ksmattfish said:
Hey, I have that lens too. Haven't tried it yet. Congrats on the new camera.

Very cool! How'bout starting a little TPF Leica Club? ;)

Which lens do you have?

Unimaxium said:
But for now, I think I'll keep my hopes to maybe one of those IIIfs or similar for some day.

They are not that expensive because everyone goes after the M series more. A good user body could cost you between $250 and $450, depending on the seller, condition and rarity. The 'red dial' IIIf usually cost more than the regular 'black dial'.

Question for you: since I saw your quote about the sushi bar... does your user name unimaxium mean that you like sushi, and especially uni sushi (sea urchin)? :D

Ahha! Cool. But it makes one wonder... There is a connection: sushi=uni, so I thought it might have a hidden meaning.

Anyway, the camera arrived today, superfast shipping. And it's much more beautiful than the picture I posted on top of this thread. Works very smooth.

oriecat said:
I'm hoping to get a widelux in the next couple days. That's Matt's fault too. :mrgreen:
Wow, Orie - sounds cool!! :thumbup:

Maybe we should re-name this "the blame thrower's forum". :lol:

Update: Had the Leica now in my hands for over two and a half hours, clicking away on dry, just to hear the smoothness of the shutter. The feel is quite amazing...

Widelux! That's the next project!! ...errr... not for a while, my bank account is pretty depleted after the Leica! :grumpy: :wink: And I need a Leitz lens too!

Anyway, there were some neat Russian panoramics on Ebay. An FT2 and a Horizont, both 35mm with rotating lens. Interesting cameras IMHO.

Mitica100 said:
Very cool! How'bout starting a little TPF Leica Club? ;)

Which lens do you have?

While I do like Leicas, I don't like them any more than many of my other cameras. I'd be more likely to join a Rolleiflex club :)

I have that Canon 50mm you mentioned, and what I assume is the standard 35mm Leitz Elmar that came with the III(F). I've only tried the Elmar.

The III(F) pretty much sits in the display case these days. It's a lot of fun to shoot, but my Ansco Titan fits in my pocket much better, and it's medium format!

Someday I'd love to have an "M" model Leica, but at the price they fetch there are numerous other cameras I'd choose before it. For instance the "Texas Leica", otherwise known as a Fuji medium format rangefinder.

Most reactions

Back