zulu42

TPF Supporters
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
coyote-1-5.jpg

Good shot.

Nice capture, zulu42. I wish I would see more than just birds around here. I do but it's rare and I usually don't have the camera with me. :grumpy:

Awesome catch!

Very nice shot.....

Nice catch.

Good shot.
Thanks!
Nice capture, zulu42. I wish I would see more than just birds around here. I do but it's rare and I usually don't have the camera with me. :grumpy:
Thank you K9. You also have gators! And some other cool stuff like the ocean...
Awesome catch!
Thanks Warhorse
Great shot, Zulu. Lots never get to see these. Thanks!
Thank you!

Coyotes are such pretty dogs

Thanks!

Thank you K9. You also have gators! And some other cool stuff like the ocean...

Thanks Warhorse

Thank you!
That's true, I enjoy everything here greatly, but seeing and 'posting' the same things over and over can get a little monotonous at times. I want to get some pics of the bob cats and other 'furry' animals that don't show their faces so often to break up the monotony.

Great shot. Did you call it in or just happen across it.

Beautiful shot! These guys can be hard to get. This was the best I could do a couple years ago at Pt. Reyes -

Great shot. Did you call it in or just happen across it.
Thank you. The coyote was eating some kind of prey in the tall grass near a road. Like birds, the animal was not spooked by my vehicle and allowed me to get pretty close if I stayed in my van. I was told there are several pups in the area but unfortunately I didn't see them

It let you get close because it was eating, and yes, they will have pups now and they will be getting out and about now too with a parent. If you want to get more photos of them, take along a caller, either someone who uses mouth calls or an electronic caller, a coyote will never pass up a meal. They can pinpoint, with unbelievable accuracy, exactly where the call came from and will come in to investigate it, keep that in mind. The caller should be a distance away from you because when they coyote comes in, it will be focused on the caller location, not your location. You should set up with the wind in your favor so it doesn't scent you when approaching and you should set up to funnel it's approach.

Their senses are very keen and they will bust you more times than you can count and you may never see them even though they did come into the call but it can be sooooo much fun.

They are harder to hunt than deer but much faster, you call in a spot for 15-20 minutes, if you don't see anything, move location by about 300 yards and try again.

You will also call in Red and Gray Foxes so you'll have an opportunity to get photos of them too.

I used to hunt them years ago but can't anymore so I will just shoot them with a camera now.

If you want more tips, PM me, I'll be happy to share anything I can.

Most reactions

Back