Maxxum 700si problem

Hmm, the original 1989 is way too old and clunky.
The Maxxum/Dynax 3/4/5/7/9 were the last ones ... the 7 being the favored one.

Hmm, the original 1989 is way too old and clunky.
The Maxxum/Dynax 3/4/5/7/9 were the last ones ... the 7 being the favored one.
I know what you mean about clunky, but She-Who-Must-Be-Obeyed likes it.

Couldn't find a decent 7 and this 5 is closer to me geographically, trying to talk her into it, though.

The Maxxum 7000 was a landmark camera. It was the first really successful AF 35mm SLR. It may seem clunky by today's standards but it was pretty slick in its day compared to the AF SLRs from other manufacturers that came before it like the Pentax MEF, Canon T80, Nikon F3AF, etc -- all of which bombed in the marketplace while the Maxxum took off.

The Minolta Maxxum 9000 is an awesome camera to keep that old film SLR camera feel (I think it is the only AF camera with manual winding). I keep one around just for that purpose to use my A-mount lenses.

Well, clunky or not, we have one en route...To be honest I like how they feel in the hand. The 700si that didn't work felt like holding a round rock outta the river. Oh well, got me a target to obliterate...:icon_cheese: Gonna keep the old 7000 body for "parts"...uh, that's a joke Son...I'll report back... if anyone's interested.

I have a Maxxum 9 which I rarely use but is an amazing camera. I should get it out again.

Camera arrived, functions fine, slight bleed top left corner of panel, came with 50mm f1.7 and 28-85 f3.5-4.5, 2800 AF flash which required @ 30 minutes of work with vinegar and q-tips to remove encrusted corrosion on contacts (looked like the bottom of a DE I saw in drydock once) ; it seems to work also, at least it set sync speed and flashed. Well see. Circ. polarizers for each lens, various other filters, IOW enough junk to go along with what we already have accumulated for 35 years. Now She-Who-Must-Be- Obeyed doesn't seem to be interested...go figure.

Bleed is common with those old LCD's ... you should see my 9000.

If she did not "tell" you to get the camera ... you just thought it should be replaced ... that would answer that.
If she did tell you to get it ... then she is not ready to be interested in it, yet.

45 years of marital bliss and I still don't understand. Oh well, I have a few rolls to shoot 'til she decides.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back