TwistMyArm

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.darn.ca
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Time to announce the May challenge!

The theme for this month is The Rule of Thirds! We want to see composition here folks. How can you use the rule of thirds to create a dramatic photo?

As always the winner of this month's challenge will get User Gallery web space courtesy of Chase.

The deadline for submissions is May 31st.
You can email your photo to [email protected].
We ask each member to keep their photo anonymous (no distinguishing watermarks, and no photos that have been posted previously on the forum), to include their forum username when submitting, and to submit no more then one photo.
Please ensure that the submitted photo is in the form of a jpeg image and no larger than 70k. Images that are way over size wise, will not be accepted.

Good luck to everyone and have fun!

And just incase anyone missed it MarkC had some great examples of the rule of thirds in this thread http://www.thephotoforum.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=5823. Thanks Mark!

I'm sorry, but could you explain - "The Rule of Thirds" ?

markc said:
danalec99 said:
I'm sorry, but could you explain - "The Rule of Thirds" ?
Rule of thirds

Ahh yes, I remember now. I now recall this thread about rule of thirds when Moni posted a picture of an old man selling toys.

Thanks mark!

frontleftbw.jpg

Could this be a rule of thirds photo? :roll:

nice photo i like the colour.
Hmm...i recon it could be kinda the rule of thirds if i know my thirds right :p.

As the car is on one Hotspot, and the light through the trees is on another :)

I guess I personally would say no. There are some minor parts of the image at a couple of hotspots, but nothing I would call a main element. The brightest spot in the image, the headlight, is only a little left of dead center.

We're not overly critical of the submissions. This challenge was chosen in order to get some people out there practicing some more technical compositions. If you've attempted it and feel it's worth submitting then by all means submit it. We wont' normally turn photos away.

Most reactions

Back