Maybe a silly question?

chilli42

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Hi,

Not sure if this is a silly question or not. Just upgraded to a D500 and very pleased so far.

Just embarking on a road trip and the camera is in a good bag on the back seat of the car and it occurred to me as to if the cars vibrations, rattles and bumps etc can cause any harm to the cameras internals?

Any thoughts on this?

I wouldn't go offroading speeding on rough trails and I might be a little concerned about the kind of potholes that make you wince and worry about your axle or ball joints. I'd be more concerned leaving it in a hot car for too long on a road trip.

No way, there made to take punishment to a certain degree and the D500 has Pro build quality. Lesser quality cameras have been dropped and still may work fine..I leave my D7200 with the sigma 150-600 right on my front passenger seat out of the bag when moving place to place photographing things,but i do seat belt around the cam and tripod collar in case I have to stop short it don't fly off the seat crashing to the floor.

Thx. Was a bit worried as you can feel the hum and vibration of the engine and road of you place you hand on the camera bag. Doing an 8 hour drive.

Thx. Was a bit worried as you can feel the hum and vibration of the engine and road of you place you hand on the camera bag. Doing an 8 hour drive.

I'm sure the camera survived the trip from Japan or Taiwan or Malaysia or wherever it was made to your door just fine.

And just think how rough UPS is with packages,especially the on the verge going postal driver that got to deliver all the overloaded truck of stuff to all the residential -commercial stops and the only thing light on the truck is your camera.LOL

Mine rides in my semi truck with me 120,000 miles a year (and anyone who has driven in the USA knows how bad our roads are :eek-73:) and haven't had any issues yet. :D

Most reactions

New Topics

Back