Maybe I'm just stupid, but...

mcoppadge

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
I cannot get my pictures resized for posting. Attempts to resize the picture through my Photobucket account will resize the picture at Photobucket, but when the picture is posted, it remains much larger, too big to post. Is Photobucket the problem, or is it something else?

Also, I cannot figure how to do attachments. Whether attachements are even enabled for this site, I don't know. But any help with that as well would be helpful.

Attachments and gallery space are available to subscribers. The subscription is $25 per year. Otherwise, hosts like photobucket work just fine for free. Are you resizing your photos with something like Photoshop before you upload them to the hosting site? Generally I would suggest the width of a landscape style photo to be somewhere around 600-800 pixels for posting.

Hope that helps.

Yeah, that helps. I saw that there was a place for attachements but I couldn't figure out why I couldn't upload. And photobucket has been stupid lately, so maybe thats why I couldn't resize properly.

I always resize my photos to a web-friendly 640x480 pixels BEFORE I load them into Photobucket and then leave their "resize by 50% or 75% or 25%" all alone.

But it much depends on what is in the photo, so I found out with Photobucket.
If a picture contains a lot of information (leaves on trees are a lot of information, for example), Photobucket will make them even smaller than the previous 640x480 pixels. If there is not so much in the picture, such as only a lot of sky and some Canada geese flying in formation plus the vapour trail of an airplane, then despite the previously given 640x480 pixels the photo will appear large on Photobucket because with this comparatively small amount of information, you use up only very few kilobytes, so Photobucket will present a large photo. It is annoying at times, I do agree.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back