Maybe My Luck Is Changing

Dean_Gretsch

Papa
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I am 56 and this is the very first four leafed clover I have ever found!

4 Leaf Square.jpg

Saw a few wildflowers for the Velvet 56 while walking Miss Daisy on the old ball field

Daisy Sharpened.jpg

Purple Wildflowers 2.jpg

Queen Anne's Lace.jpg

Congratulations of the 4-leaf clover find! I have to say, the new Velvet 56 Lensbaby is a beautiful imager.

Very nice Dean, you're really working that lens!! I'll soon be 68 and I don't recall ever finding a 4 leaf clover. When I was a child, walking with my grandmother, she was constantly finding them. Used to make me so mad, that she'd have a handful and none for me. Though I can attest to finding the end of the rainbow. In fact the very end was on my chest and legs. There wasn't any pot of gold though - apparently just my luck I was at the WRONG end.

Nice shots and hope it means good luck for you.

Hasn't worked for me. I have the worst luck on the planet. Found hundreds of them and used to have a huge collection. Not sure if it's an OCD or ADHD thing. I can be walking along and just see them. Now I stop, pick it and give it to someone hoping their luck will change. It's actually a genetic mutation and if you go back to where you found that one, you'll likely find more. Growing up there were several patches I could find them and kids would often bet me to find one. Until they figured out how I did it.

Funny you should post this. My youngest son is going through a terrible string of bad luck. Last night he sent me a picture of six 4 leaf clovers. Said, "Maybe my luck will turn around. Found them all at the same time." Didn't have the heart to tell him what I just told you all.

Congratulations of the 4-leaf clover find! I have to say, the new Velvet 56 Lensbaby is a beautiful imager.
Thank you much! It is very different from any other prime and definitely takes some practice. I have used it with tubes only a couple times, and want to get the hang of it before moving on to them.

Very nice Dean, you're really working that lens!! I'll soon be 68 and I don't recall ever finding a 4 leaf clover. When I was a child, walking with my grandmother, she was constantly finding them. Used to make me so mad, that she'd have a handful and none for me. Though I can attest to finding the end of the rainbow. In fact the very end was on my chest and legs. There wasn't any pot of gold though - apparently just my luck I was at the WRONG end.
Thanks Smoke. Best way to learn is to just do it, right? Hopefully I can get some decent shots eventually.

Nice shots and hope it means good luck for you.

Hasn't worked for me. I have the worst luck on the planet. Found hundreds of them and used to have a huge collection. Not sure if it's an OCD or ADHD thing. I can be walking along and just see them. Now I stop, pick it and give it to someone hoping their luck will change. It's actually a genetic mutation and if you go back to where you found that one, you'll likely find more. Growing up there were several patches I could find them and kids would often bet me to find one. Until they figured out how I did it.

Funny you should post this. My youngest son is going through a terrible string of bad luck. Last night he sent me a picture of six 4 leaf clovers. Said, "Maybe my luck will turn around. Found them all at the same time." Didn't have the heart to tell him what I just told you all.
Thank you Ray. Best of luck to your son as well.

I had an older cousin that could sit down and find them easily anywhere she looked also. I guess she had good luck...she lived through 3 open heart surgeries before she was 21, and even though the doctors told her she would never survive the strain childbirth would put her through, she lived several years after seeing her son arrive. She still died prematurely and left her family wondering why she had to endure so much.

Most reactions

Back