McKinley Woods Bridge

mindfloodz

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
s116.photobucket.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I'm really happy with the way this one turned out.

McKinleyBridge2.jpg

Took a couple of others, but I didn't find them quite as impressive. Here they are:

McKinleyWoods.jpg

Couldn't decide between B&W or Color:
trailbw.jpg

trail.jpg

Last edited:
The green looks normal. Nice to see for a change from others nuclear oversaturation.

I disagree, the greens don't look normal, and they seem over saturated.

HDR is best to ether make the image look more natural, or vary surreal. And to me these images don't look natural and yet also don't look surreal enough.

Why can't they be in between natural and surreal? Also, Where do you get your information on what HDR is suppose to be? If they don't look natural and they don't look surreal, then what do they look like? impressionistic, abstract? LOL w/e man

Here is the actual definition: high dynamic range imaging (HDRI or just HDR) is a set of techniques that allow a greater dynamic range of luminance between the lightest and darkest areas of an image than current standard digital imaging techniques or photographic methods. This wide dynamic range allows HDR images to more accurately represent the range of intensity levels found in real scenes, ranging from direct sunlight to faint starlight.[1] The two main sources of HDR imagery are computer renderings and merging of multiple photographs, the latter of which in turn are individually referred to as low-dynamic-range (LDR)[2] or standard-dynamic-range (SDR)[3] photographs.
Tone-mapping techniques, which reduce overall contrast to facilitate display of HDR images on devices with lower dynamic range, can be applied to produce images with preserved or exaggerated local contrast for artistic effect.

I feel I've captured the full dynamic range of the scene, therefore accomplishing my goal.

A good HDR image is going to look different than any single exposured image. I can understand that you see something different. But to say the green doesnt look one way or the other doesnt make sense. For that critical impression, it could easily be altered from monitor to monitor. On my monitor the green looks just fine. A very slight saturation of colors, but IMO thats ok. I like em.

Hmmm, to me these images are on the more tasteful side of surreal. Anymore "surreal" and I think you would be entering into the over baked realm full of bastard unicorns and halo's (Yeah yeah, I have no idea it just came out).

I'm sure mindfloodz would value and appreciate something a bit more constructive light guru :sexywink:

BTW, I think the crop is better MF.

I know what HDR means. Im am simply stating personal opinion. When you post photos on the forum you open them for comments and critique. It seems like you are posting them because you want others to simply tell you that your photos are good. All I did was state my opinion and you get all defensive. Seeing as someone else agreed with my comment, Im not the only one who feels that way.

too much purple in the first one.. on MY screen.

When diarrhea comes out of your mouth you should expect to wipe it. I came with the toilet paper. Yeah, I don't mind a C&C and I retorted with my opinion of your C&C. I am entitled to my opinion just as you are. I felt it was BS and called you on it. Plain and simple. As far as K8 agreeing with you, "Two wrongs don't make a right", LOL

@ memento - I agree, it does have a purple look to it, but it doesn't look like that before I upload it to Photobucket. Weird huh?

Chill out man, Your reacting as if I'm attacking you, I am not. Im simply stating my opinion on a picture.

The green looks normal. Nice to see for a change from others nuclear oversaturation.

I disagree, the greens don't look normal, and they seem over saturated.

HDR is best to ether make the image look more natural, or vary surreal. And to me these images don't look natural and yet also don't look surreal enough.

While I agree the greens don't look natural, I have to ask who are you to say what "HDR is best" for?

Most reactions

New Topics

Back