MD, DC, VA Meetup Sunday January 22nd

MyCameraEye

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.mycameraeye.com
Jo Cose mentioned that there has been some interested in getting together this weekend but he said nothing was posted about it and I should get'er started. So, hows about it?

I am open to any suggestions for location(s) as long as we can get there via metro. I do not drive D.C.

Scott

MyCameraEye said:
Jo Cose mentioned that there has been some interested in getting together this weekend but he said nothing was posted about it and I should get'er started. So, hows about it?

I am open to any suggestions for location(s) as long as we can get there via metro. I do not drive D.C.

Scott

Joe should be along soon....

Kelox also said that he was interested in getting back together...might want to PM them to let them know that you started this thread :)

clarinetJWD said:
I'm in ;)
the 22nd should be good, too. Jo - should we just meet at the Metro by your house again?

that's not this coming weekend, right? It's the following weekend. I think I'm free...so, yea, that sounds fine. If Kelox is in, then we can all 3 meet there and head in.

So I guess you guyus will meet up and ride the metro in. Lets meet outside what ever metro station we all decide to meet at. and I brings me to my next question, what area of DC to do you all want to shoot in and what metro station do we meet at. I was thinking it would be neat to shoot around ChinaTown area. Gallery Place. Never shot around there before and there are lots of good restaurants to eat at there as well.

Let me know.

Scott

Joe, you're right, there isn't, but Chinatown's where the Fuddruckers was, so it's not too far from the Mall...although like I've been saying, I'm getting sick of the Mall. There is also National (that park that JM keeps talking about) and Arlington Cemertary (which I've never been to)...or Oldtown, VA...so many places, but I made the decision for the other day's outing, so I'm ready to be just a mere follower...wherever y'all decide, I'll get Joe and Kelox (if he comes) to that Metro.

jocose said:
Joe, you're right, there isn't, but Chinatown's where the Fuddruckers was, so it's not too far from the Mall...although like I've been saying, I'm getting sick of the Mall. There is also National (that park that JM keeps talking about) and Arlington Cemertary (which I've never been to)...or Oldtown, VA...so many places, but I made the decision for the other day's outing, so I'm ready to be just a mere follower...wherever y'all decide, I'll get Joe and Kelox (if he comes) to that Metro.

As I said anywhere is fine. I am a bit tired of the mall myself. I'd rather not make the decision myself, I rather just follow along being it is my first time meeting with this bunch. Where ever though. We also spoke of Baltimore but I think that might be on the March date.

MyCameraEye said:
I extended this invite for January 22nd to a friend Jay whom does not belong to this forum (yet) and asked if he would like to join us. He’s phenomenal portrait photographer and is really good with people pictures. Check out his site

http://www.darkshapesprowl.com/http://www.darkshapesprowl.com/http://www.darkshapesprowl.com/

Cool. The more the merrier. But, Scott, methinks this is your outing, so you should decide...at this rate we'll never get anywhere :)

I'm kind of interested in the Chinatown area, too, and we can always wander throughout DC, so if no one else makes a decision, I say we just meet in front of McDonald's on 7th across from Legal Seafood.

jocose said:
Cool. The more the merrier. But, Scott, methinks this is your outing, so you should decide...at this rate we'll never get anywhere :)

I'm kind of interested in the Chinatown area, too, and we can always wander throughout DC, so if no one else makes a decision, I say we just meet in front of McDonald's on 7th across from Legal Seafood.

Jo,

if no one else decides then that is fine with me. I never shot in this area before and I am not even sure what it all has to offen so I just want to be the one everyone looks at when the location sucks. Honestly, I'm sure we can find some characters in this area as well as store fronts. I'm tired of the monuments and art type stuf at the moment. I think that Baltimore shoot would be cool too. we should be able to get some great shots down there. I guess I need to start a thread for that eh ?

with so many photographic opportunities it's hard to decide. :)

MyCameraEye said:
Jo,

if no one else decides then that is fine with me. I never shot in this area before and I am not even sure what it all has to offen so I just want to be the one everyone looks at when the location sucks. Honestly, I'm sure we can find some characters in this area as well as store fronts. I'm tired of the monuments and art type stuf at the moment. I think that Baltimore shoot would be cool too. we should be able to get some great shots down there. I guess I need to start a thread for that eh ?

I too have thought of Balmer and if JM is up to the drive, I'm sure Joe would be just as happy (but then again, maybe not).

I say we stick with Chinatown, and the beauty of DC is that we can always hop the Metro or a cab and go anywhere.

Reactions: Rob

Most reactions

Back