Me and my wife and I

Mount your camera and take several images with your subject in different places in the frame. Layer all the images in Photoshop and erase around your subject in all but the bottom layer.

Mount your camera and take several images with your subject in different places in the frame. Layer all the images in Photoshop and erase around your subject in all but the bottom layer.

Thanks a lot Jason. I'll have to give it a try.

- erase + mask.

erasing is so final... if you mess up while masking, you can just unmask and fix it.

- erase + mask.

erasing is so final... if you mess up while masking, you can just unmask and fix it.

Thanks guys, I figured it out. My first attempt.
41138_1359206988548_1482744116_30782760_1750535_n.jpg

My stepson

looks pretty good man!

try it again with him playing with a toy from one side on the table, and then without moving the toy, have another one with him playing with it from the other side... or something. If both of the "twins" are interacting with the same thing in the photo, it is more interesting. Nice editing though!!

looks pretty good man!

try it again with him playing with a toy from one side on the table, and then without moving the toy, have another one with him playing with it from the other side... or something. If both of the "twins" are interacting with the same thing in the photo, it is more interesting. Nice editing though!!

Thanks Robert,

I will try more of them. I just did that one as a quick trial.

You mean something of this effect? We had this one taken for our engagment shoot a few months back.

engagment.jpg

Any way you could shed some light on how that is done? Second image of just you on the other side of sofa, selected, cropped, and paste into first shot? or what? If you don't mind disclosing. I saw someone else posted something similar on here with a girl in the same shot like 8 times or something, but I can't find that thread for the life of me now. How is this done?

Not sure about how "he" did it, but I shot my son in front of his school steps for a senior photo. I had him change like 12 times (school uniform, soccer, dressy, jeans, holding drawing pad, etc). Put the camera on a tripod (very study one). Have him move quickly to assure the lighting doesn't change to much. Shoot a dozen or so shots. Layer all of them in the same PS file and delete as required to "uncover" the lower layers.

Give it a shot, it's fun!

Most reactions

Back