Me chasing a duck...forewarn, not good photos. lol

Ernicus

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
These are not great photos, so comment if you absolutely feel the need to...addicts. :)

When I was walking on the rocks to set up for my evening water shoot, I came over a big rock and saw this guy just sitting there, and he didn't run. I was stunned. (pic 1) So instinctively I point and shot. Yeah. yay me. I forgot I had camera in settings for the night water.

So, not having my flash on me (I had not brought it as I was climbing on rocks etc etc..and didn't figure I'd need it), I quickly just got in point n shoot mode, hit auto and used the pop up flash.

Unfortunately it was that time of dusk where the pop up is only good really close, too bright for it, yet too dark to not have a flash. So I was kinda screwed.

However, I don't quit....and the duck started kinda scooting a way then stopping and just hanging out, as if he knew the range on my pop up flash...bastard.

So there I am chasing this duck, making quack noises to get attention, firing off shots left and right.
I can only imagine what I looked like in the middle of the riverbed doing this.

Yeah, I might have gotten one where you can see the duck clearly...kinda. Yay me...I fail.

Lesson learned. Bring all your stuff regardless of what you're doing. You just might need it.

Here is my journey via pictures....point and shoot pop up flash kinda pictures... :)

$DSC_0407.JPG$DSC_0410.JPG$DSC_0411.JPG$DSC_0412.JPG$DSC_0413.JPG$DSC_0415.JPG$DSC_0416.JPG

Attachments

• $duck.jpg
    $duck.jpg
    619.1 KB · Views: 133
Eh, not sure why that last one is on there is showing like that, but this one is my final edit. lol. My "winning" pic of the event cropped and edited.

$duck1.jpg

As I've said in my other posts, I can't pick apart photos or give any kind of advice...I am brand spankin new. I am a bit of a birder, and I love waterfowl. Definitely a cool photo. I like how the colors on him look kinda fluffy...like a long exposure of a flowing river. It looks similar to an airbrush affect. He was all alone? No hen with him?

Nope, he was all alone, just sitting there. I thought maybe there were babies nearby or something which is why he didnt run away much...but I looked around and found nothing. i'm lucky to have gotten anything visible at all as much as I was chasing him around. lol It was just a funny event that I thought I'd share.

Just out of curiosity. If you feel that these pictures are of poor over all quality, why would you bother to post them in the 1st place? It would be different if there was something unusual about the Duck, location, etc. but there doesn't seem to be.

I guess I should have posted in the "just for fun" thread. I kinda thought my sarcasm and jest, especially in my first line in the thread would have indicated that.

I'll try not to share my fun, even in bad pictures, in the future. Afterall this is srz bznz.

/sarcasm

Edit *
Kinda makes me wonder if some even read what I wrote or just looked at the pics and commented.

Most reactions

Back