Me+Friends kids+park for 10 min = This

GFruge

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
C&C always welcomed.

2. Selective coloring of following photo

nice! But the last two seem underexposed to me.

Not a huge fan of his hand placement in 2 and 3. There's something about it that's just off in my eyes.

Typically, I'm not a fan of selective coloring, and this is one of those times. I feel like the wrong things were colored. I wonder why you chose what you did. More insight would be awesome. Alternatively, it can work at times.

The first one is golden. I love that it's very organic--it's got great earthy tones, her dress isn't competing with her smile, and the rocker and teddy are a wonderful piece. It's got good depth of field, and I think it's pure gold.

I didn't care for the last two. Not because I feel like their bad photographs, but I feel like there's too much of the shrub, and not enough on the girl. More of her face in the frame, and less of the dress, less of the bush, and a similar depth of field would make both of them better, to my eye.

As stated, this was a quick 10 minute shoot before having a party over at my place. She wanted some simple springtime photos, but didn't have much time.

The underexposed issue, I darkened them slightly before posting them on here. Before, they were the same exposure as the others. Don't know why I did it, but I did.

The Selective coloring thing was the mother's preference of what she wanted colored. I gave her the option and this is what she selected.

Hand Placement, good call. I really didn't pay attention until just now. The little girl was soooooo bad, that I just kept her attention and didn't disturb them in the posing. Good call.

The Bush - also a good call. I cropped the photo in Lightroom and it does apprear to be more appealing. Thanks for the C&C.

oh well, i really like them

i don't know why, but i just love #2. Love the emotion in it. an the B/W works. I guess the selective color wasn't necessary since i barely notice it. Like it still.

Most reactions

Back