me, myself and I

Alex_B

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
not self portraits as they are not done by myself.

but at least it is me ;)

oh, and both are taken in Dartmoor, UK.

1:
DSC04772.jpg

2:
DSC04746.jpg

really must go to Dartmoor one day.
Funny thing is my camera backpack is about the same size as your real backpack.

really must go to Dartmoor one day.
Funny thing is my camera backpack is about the same size as your real backpack.

this is not my real backpack, but it is only my berghaus for 2- or 3-day trips ;)
my real one weights just below 30 kg if filled with all the things I need :p

plus the photography things I carry in extra bags ...

I remember one trip to Scotland, there was 4 of us and we had a few hours to kill at Fort William before our train up to Malliag. So we put all out camera kit and most of our other bags in the Left Luggage locker on the Station and went to the pub. While we were there the conversation moved on to 'what if' questions

Then someone said

"what if the locker gets broken into?"

we worked it out that there was roughly £15,000 worth of camera gear and other bits 'n bobs!! That was the quickest pint in history :lol: followed by a quick dash back to the lockers :lol:

I remember one trip to Scotland, there was 4 of us and we had a few hours to kill at Fort William before our train up to Malliag. So we put all out camera kit and most of our other bags in the Left Luggage locker on the Station and went to the pub. While we were there the conversation moved on to 'what if' questions

Then someone said

"what if the locker gets broken into?"

we worked it out that there was roughly £15,000 worth of camera gear and other bits 'n bobs!! That was the quickest pint in history :lol: followed by a quick dash back to the lockers :lol:

lol ;)
when travelling like that I never part with my gear!

Ft William.. I remember the really tiny cinema there ... with a wicked and horrible sound system ... I was watching Star Wars The Empire Strikes Back
there after hiking on the West Highland Way ;)

Heyy, fun to see you in action, Alex!

(I've never learned the art of packing lightly...that's probably a daypack for this chick)

Heyy, fun to see you in action, Alex!

Thanks... I look young on those, right? but it is very recent ;)

(I've never learned the art of packing lightly...that's probably a daypack for this chick)

You must be able to afford sherpas then :p

another one ...
sweden03_282.jpg

These are great! I especially like the shadow photo. You look very happy on your hike.

These are great! I especially like the shadow photo. You look very happy on your hike.

Thanks. yes I am always happy when on expedition :)

Nice ruck! I had two just like it.

Lost one of them as it was strapped to the back of my HMMWV while we ran roughshod over Iraq (Spring Break '03). Land mine 86'd the ruck along with the hummer.

Nice ruck! I had two just like it.

Guess we have the same taste here ;) This the smaller one of my two main rucksacks.

Good you survived the destruction of your HMMWV and rucksack!

Most reactions

Back