Me!!

RickyN29

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Haha, okay, had this pic for a while, I generally hate pictures of myself (I hide BEHIND the camera!)

I took this with a simple point-n-shoot (HP Photosmart 735) Turned off all the lights and let the flash have at me!

It is the only picture of me ever that I do not hate.

As for critque, how does the framing work? My hand is cut off, but I am not sure if it is a problem.

Contrast? It appears really strong, but at the same time I does convey the feeling I was trying to exhibit, strength and disgust.

Just a side note, the one thing I hate about the pic is the fact that the cigarette is long, clearly it is staged and I lit it right before starting! Dammit!

The few who have seen this simply laugh and say "Emo!" Yet I was trying for so much more than that. I was trying to show the world Me!!

ricky015.jpg

"As for critque, how does the framing work? My hand is cut off, but I am not sure if it is a problem."
Nope, dosn't look like a problem to me. I think it looks better than the hand is cut off.

"Contrast? It appears really strong, but at the same time I does convey the feeling I was trying to exhibit, strength and disgust."

Contrast is very good. The ciggarette is very bright and white compared to the rest of the picture and exhibits strenght, but, I dont see disgust in the picture. Maybe if you would have changed your facial expersion?

"Just a side note, the one thing I hate about the pic is the fact that the cigarette is long, clearly it is staged and I lit it right before starting! Dammit!"

It think it is better that it is long to pull the view into the center of the picture beacuse if it was short, it would't contrast as well. It think it looks OK! :)

Very well done.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back