Medium Format Camera recommendation

sincere

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I would like to shoot Medium Format in film and would like to get a recommendation on what camera to get and why. Thanks in advance.

Anything in particular you want to shoot?

Got a budget?

A nice to use and very heavy camera that I use quite a bit is a Bronica ETRs. They cost around £200-ish with a standard lens. Best with a waist-level finder in my opinion.

A nice to use and light camera that I also use quite a bit is my Zeiss Ikon Nettar. Fits in my pocket but image quality is not quite up to Bronica standard although still very good. Mine cost £15.

How much do you want to spend?

Just give me a few recommendations. Normally when you give people a budget, they max it out for you haha

I would like to add that the camera should have autfocus ability and reliable metering

So much for my suggestions! Both entirely manual!

Anything in particular you want to shoot?

Landscape and architecture.
You will have plenty of time to manually focus and a hand-held meter can be better than using TTL metering, particularly using a spot meter. I wouldn't worry about either auto-focus or in-camera metering for medium format.

Ok so lets look into with or without AF - what would you recommend? I havent settled for the format so just recommend me something so i can look into it.

If you want something that is handholdable, look into Hasselblad like a 500 C/M, super duper Zeiss lenses. For architecture, I recommend you look into a Fujifilm GX680III. It is a monster of a camera, really design for studio work and needs to be tripoded. But, it has built in tilts and swings for 'proper' architecture. If you are serious, then go for the Fuji ... If you're just testing the waters ... Buy something like JC recommended and get a little wet. Fuji makes a number of very good rangefinder MF cameras and Fuji lenses are exceptional.

Last edited:

Most reactions

New Topics

Back