Medium Format in Your Pocket

SmithDan, I love your photos! I see that you live in New Brunswick. I'm in Newfoundland, and get all of my photographic supplies/chemicals online from B&H in New York. I was buying from Henry's, (they'll deliver anywhere in Canada) but it's actually much cheaper for me to get them from the USA, even considering the extra shipping/duty fees and brokerage. And they are at my door in just a few days; no small feat when living on a remote island off the northeast coast of Newfoundland. As much as I prefer to support Canadian stores, with my small disability pension it just makes so much more sense buying from B&H.

Here's a picture of my latest folder; a 1953 Voigtlander Perkeo 1 with Vaskar 75mm f/4.5 lens and Prontor S shutter with eight speeds from 1/25 to 1/300 sec. I think this one must be the smallest medium format folder of all, measuring a pint-sized 3.25 X 5 X 1.25 inches. And also a shot of it alongside my other folders, for size comparison.

Glen
www.FocusOnNewfoundland.com

Voigtlander Perkeo 1
DSC02142a1000_zps8a040fb3.jpg

Voigtlander Perkeo 1, Franka Solida 1, Kodak Autographic 1A, Ensign Ranger
DSC02164a1000_zpsfafb68e2.jpg

Quite a lineup of folders you have Glen. And all in excellent condition. The Voigtlander is small and for a 6x6 as well. I came upon your website a few months back. You certainly have some exquisite work there. Thank you for your comment.

Most of my old cameras were rescued from junk stores and the like so were in poor condition when I got them. I only take pictures as a pastime and although I set up my darkroom I mostly scan the negs. This keeps costs down, film used sparingly along with developing chemistry stays within my fun money budget.

I have been here in the Miramichi bay area coming up 4 years. Our coast perhaps not as unique as Fogo Island but still no lack of subject matter. Do miss the foothills, the Rockies and the West coast though.

That's a very fine Voigtlander you have there. I have a soft spot for these folders.

what's not to love? :)
For one thing they are not digital :thumbdown::thumbdown: (opinion I heard not long ago).

Not a folder but the Mamiya 7ii rangefinder has always been something I've daydreamed of having.

My favorite pocket 120 is the Voigtlander Perkeo. Very pocketable camera and a pretty good shooter.

$20604038_1db9243b26.jpg

Most reactions

New Topics

Back