medium format

volleysnap

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I've been dabbling in lomography with my Holga, which uses medium format film. REally the only place in my area that will develop it is National Camera Exchange. Does anyone know any place that develops medium format at a good price that would let me mail rolls or negatives there? It seems a bit much, but it really is way too expensive for me at all the places nearby!

Thanks for any help

try Freestyle, they are advertising this service on the back of their latest catalog.

Black and white?

Go to eBay
Pick up a tank and a reel
A few plastic containers
Developer, stop bath and fixer
Google the instructions.

$50 should be enough...you´re all set to have fun for a year

Where are you located?

in minnesota

Black and white?

Go to eBay
Pick up a tank and a reel
A few plastic containers
Developer, stop bath and fixer
Google the instructions.

$50 should be enough...you´re all set to have fun for a year

is that really all i need to start my own dark room? that is way cheaper than developing at a shop!

ann i will look into your suggestion as well :) thanks everyone!

is that really all i need to start my own dark room?
You don't need a darkroom for developing film. ;) That's for making prints from your negatives, which is highly addictive but quite a different process! It's cheap, easy and fun to develop film at home.

I guess I never asked what you were paying per roll. It seems to me that I pay about $5 or $6 for a roll of color 120 for processing only. That's send-out, too, through my local photo-hut type of place. And I think it's reasonable.

Another vote for DIY B/W
I cant tell you the rush I get from pulling negs off a reel, and holding them up to the window light for the first time.
Its like loading up edit software with a digital image you thought was a winner, but weren't certain till it was on screen....X10.
Its an easy process, and a bit of a laugh.
Sending rolls away to be processed is cheap and easy but...your missing out.

You ought to think about what you are to do with negatives once you've "made" them...can of worms #2

Back to Google

Look up home darkrooms or building your own darkroom etc

Again...basic darkrooms need little more than a $50 enlarger and a few trays and chemicals. Add a timer and a safe-light (mine´s still a hardware store $3 red bulb but work perfectly). Just make sure the room is light-tight but not air-tight! $150 will get you started here...!

The other alternative is scanning...$150 for a good scanner that can handle the neg size and $150 for a reasonable printer.

I want to see this $150 M/F scanner
I can't get a $600 one to produce anything approaching reasonable

Most reactions

New Topics

Back