Meerkats

JTHphoto

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I took my nephew to the zoo yesterday, and we had fun watching these little guys - Meerkats like Timon from "the lion king" movies...

1)
meerkats_3712share.jpg

2)
meerkat_3698share.jpg

3)
meerkat_3714share.jpg

4)
meerkat_3716share.jpg

5)
meerkat_3719share.jpg

6)
meerkat_3722share.jpg

7)
meerkat_3708share.jpg

Meerkats are the cutest, aren't they? They have these big round, inquisitive eyes, and their behaviour is so humanlike, with them sitting on their hindlegs only for most of the time. You could interpret all sorts of emotions in them, if you wanted. Most of them are on the funny side :D.

I like photo 4 and photo 6 really much for their focus and DOF and the last because it takes us all so close to the cute little meerkat! :D Nice.

Alexandra said:
These are awesome, Jason! #5 is unbelievable. It looks as though you shot them in the wild.

This is actually a great zoo for that, they do a lot of preservation of endagered species and many of the exhibits are free of fences and cages and such.

Lensmeister said:
Great shots ... I am looking for Pumbah .......

I think I have a shot of him too, he was there ;) i have a ton of photos & i'm sure you will be seeing them soon, this was just one species... :confused:

thanks for the wonderful comments everybody, you guys rock!

i love this little critter...one of my favorite NG articles. IMO, these are every bit as good as the magazine posted! :thumbup:

wow, thanks JM, that's quite the compliment! i think i saw that issue while i was waiting in a doctor's office a while back :)

yup, awesome shots JTH, looking fwd to more.. and a visit to your zoo looks like fun for us some day! We will do a round trip through many US states, and stop by all the zoos, and sanctuarys! gonna start shopping for a new camper in the spring I think! (after the sigmonster)

thanks, ray, this is a fun one - not the biggest, only 40 acres, but the animals are always active and you can get pretty close to most of them...

Great shots man... These critters are a riot to watch. Nice captures.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back