[Meet up] Zion National Park, Fall 2005

I'm all over this trip. Especially with the Narrows Hike to look forward to. Hopefully I will be able to get away then but I think if we plan well, we might just be able to do it. ;) I'm hiking with Chase though. Last time Voodoocat ran downstream and left us. :lmao: That trip Freakin ROCKED! :headbang:

RAN downstream....? In those rocks? Idiot is lucky he didn't wrench an ankle. :wink:

Me, I do the cling-to-the-walking-stick method. :goodvibe: I will SO be in on this one, assuming my situation stays the same and I'll have vacation time built up.

Now we must start kicking around things like: what does "fall" mean, exactly? September? October? Things start getting iffy out there in late October, but early October would still be fab. :D

I need to check my festival schedule, too. If I shout out dates that will NOT work for me this early in the game, would the trip organizers be so kind as to take that into consideration???? :blulsh2: pleeeeeaze???

i dont think i will be able to attend.

im using up all my time for the JT trip.

md

I didn't run down :p

I'm for whenever the leaves are vivid. The river should still be pretty low in the fall.. just chilly.

voodoocat said:
I didn't run down :p

I'm for whenever the leaves are vivid. The river should still be pretty low in the fall.. just chilly.

I was there the first week of November one time. It was pretty spectacular. I'd say mid-October on you'll see some good leaf action, it could start sooner depending on rainfall over the summer. But yeah, it will be colder then in the river then, I assure you. :wink:

The river's a blast when it's warm cause you don't care if you fall down; in the cold though, it's a fear! :D

MATT - you don't think you'd even have a couple days vacation to spare in the fall??? You don't know what you're missing babe!!!!!!!!! :cry:

well, #1 i cant afford it. im going to JT by the good will and sheer kindness of someone else.

#2 i dont get much time, but i can always ask.

#3 petrified of flying. dont really want to do it much if i dont have to.

md

:( I prolly won't make it either...I wish you guys would make a meetup closer to me...like in the midwest somewhere!!

Corry that is SUCH a cute avatar!!!! :D I love it!

You guys are breaking my heart here.....it's months away, circumstances change and all that.... (trying to introduce some excitement into this otherwise downer of a thread) :wink:

If Matt can get the time off, maybe his benefactor can help with airfare. ;) Unless my work situation changes drastically, I'm up for a return to Zion.

To all the people that have never been there.... Zion is one of the most beautiful places that I have ever seen. If there is any way for you to be there, I highly recommend it. (How's that for trying to help uplift this thread Terri?)

photogoddess said:
If Matt can get the time off, maybe his benefactor can help with airfare. ;) Unless my work situation changes drastically, I'm up for a return to Zion.

To all the people that have never been there.... Zion is one of the most beautiful places that I have ever seen. If there is any way for you to be there, I highly recommend it. (How's that for trying to help uplift this thread Terri?)

Excellent, actually, Tammy! :wink:

Gosh, I emailed my husband and he's already stumping me for actual DATES! :LOL: Now he's crawling the web and looking at the images again and he's thinking what film, cameras, etc. Goofy guy. I think he's ready to get back out there, too!

Well, no one else seems to have jumped in here, which is a drag. My hubby is totally into the idea and has gone so far as to peruse dates!

His idea is to spend a couple days at Zion, then cruise over to Bryce Canyon and spend a couple days there, too! We've been kicking that one around for years, actually.

So...*we* are looking at dates around the first week or 2 into September. He wants to get back into the Narrows and early to mid-September it should still be plenty warm enough for that. There are still cabins available in both places, too, which has added appeal. :thumbup:

Excuse my absolute lack of geographic information, but where exactly is Zion national park?

Zach :D

Most reactions

Back