Meeting Point

woodsac

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.around395.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
A couple views of how suddenly the desert can end, and the mountains can start. There are 'meeting points' like this all around me. It's pretty neat ;)

57236590-L.jpg

57250363-L.jpg

57250365-L-1.jpg

57250367-L.jpg

wow...great landscapes again, they're all good cant really pic one out of the bunch, the colours, and sky(obviously) are all sweet :thumbup:

#1 is my favorite, I like the way the trees frame the photo on each side..was this right from the camera or was a little PSing done..either way gorgeous series!

Trish

They're all fantastic, Woodsac, but #2 is my fave with its play of light and shadow.

More excellent work, dude!

love the light in these...the mountains look dusted with snow in the second one... are they?
really well balanced exposures jake.
just curious what caused the darkish halo around the clouds in shot #1/ i have seen that effect in nature but wondering if its a product of your post work or the real thing.

Great shots. I love the formation of the clouds, they really stand out. Beautiful landscape, looks almost like a painting. Well done!

you have such diverse landscape around you, i am loving your work, makes me wish i could make more time to go out and shoot the deserts around here... you capture them so nicely, it's inspiring... :thumbup:

Thanks all!
There was some psing done here. Basic adjustments with lighting.

Ok, Jon...
Yes, that is snow on the mountains.
Good eye on the clouds in #1. I have actually captured that quite a few times in some of my shots. But...I didn't remember seeing it while I was shooting this time. So I went back and looked at the original. It seems that I pushed the radius a little too high in the shadows adjustment. Simple fix, but I didn't even catch it. Thanks man ;)

I know you have some beautiful areas around there Jason. I lived in Phoenix for a few months back in the early 90's. I wasn't shooting then, but I did go to a lot of places.

woodsac said:
I know you have some beautiful areas around there Jason. I lived in Phoenix for a few months back in the early 90's. I wasn't shooting then, but I did go to a lot of places.

yeah, probably similar to where you are living now, a two hour drive in any direction will put you in a uniquely different place - mountains/forest/snow/lakes/rivers/barren desert etc etc... i just need to do it more often... :D

Most reactions

Back