Grahamap

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Good day to all,

A friend of mine gave birth to twins 11 months ago.
One of the little angels passed away a few months ago.
I will be doing "one year" photos next month and want to incorporate something to pay tribute to her son that passed.

I'm not a novice with PS but I'm at a loss. If I could stay away from PS when it comes to adding images, that would be best.

I would like to do something with a guardian angel or something.

Please help!

Thank you in advance.

It's a long video but I'm sure you'll learn more about PS and may be able to incorporate some of the techniques you
ll learn.

Last edited by a moderator:
What did you mean by 'adding images..'?

Are you talking about the way you import photos from your camera?
Try lightroom, really photo friendly!

I think she wants to merge an image of a guardian angel into another. I think a you tube tutorial might help.

If you want any assistance in creating a composite, there are lots of people here who are decent with PS.

Just ask again in this thread and you can take your pick of volunteers.

im just looking for ideas on the photoshoot. Not so much PS or Lightroom related....just ideas to help pay tribute to her son. I was supposed to do newborn photos of both of them but he got sick early on (downs syndrome related) and could never get to it. Now her daughter is turning one and I am doing her photos. I just want some ideas on what to do. It's a unique situation.
Thank you.
Drew

Yes, tough situation. I am not really sure what I would do, and I may be off base but..
Maybe the 1 yr old looking at a second set of shoes or such and smiling, or the 1 yr old holding ( tied to their wrist) 2 balloons?
Maybe something duplicate in background somewhat OOF, as in he is always there?

Just that they are asking seems they are 'accepting' what happen and can 'deal' with it and not as an 'elephant' in the room.

My cousins 10 yr old died in Oct from 3 yr cancer battle. They AMAZINGLY put out a Christmas card with all 4 of them, and signed their 3 names, and 'in spirit xxx'
Prayers for them. Are you doing this as surprise or can you ask them their thoughts on ideas?
Nancy

Thank you for your story Nancy.
As I said, I was supposed to do their newborn photos but because he was in and out of the hospital so much, we could never get around to it.
The mother wants me to do her daughters one year photos. I do want to do something to surprise her though. She has been through so much over the past year.
Not charging her a dime.....just feel for her. My wife and I have children which makes my heart ache for her even more.

Thank you for your ideas.
Drew

Just a thought, but what about a photo of the baby sleeping with the twin (likeness of the twin) looking down in a low opacity.

Most reactions

Back