Memories of What Once Was

D-B-J

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I went a very different route with this one and added a vintage process. Thoughts? I really want to improve my landscape photography, but I haven't found a style... I still have a lot to learn. Thanks for looking!

Memories of What Once Was by f_one_eight, on Flickr

Jake

This one does not do a thing for me, I am looking for a place to rest my eyes, but find nothing except for the little leaf on the rock.
May be somebody will explain this better than me... but it is like a trip into nothingness. A pretty nothingness though!

This one does not do a thing for me, I am looking for a place to rest my eyes, but find nothing except for the little leaf on the rock.
May be somebody will explain this better than me... but it is like a trip into nothingness. A pretty nothingness though!

Maybe that's why I like it.. it's simple, peaceful even. Thanks for your comments--I'll keep at i!

Jake

I like the muted tones.

As for style, here's something I just saw on another forum that might be interesting for you:

[video=vimeo;100946762]http://vimeo.com/100946762[/video]

Hmmm. I don't know if that's not showing up because I'm on my netbook (I've had this issue before) or because I effed something up. Here's the link just in case: [video=vimeo;100946762]http://vimeo.com/100946762[/video]

I like the muted tones.

As for style, here's something I just saw on another forum that might be interesting for you:

[video=vimeo;100946762]http://vimeo.com/100946762[/video]

I really like that. Maybe I'm looking to hard for a style. I feel like with every shoot I try and see one, and maybe that's not how it works. Maybe I'm looking to hard and focusing too little. I do feel like I shoot what I love to shoot. I love landscapes. I'm by no means the best, but I can't help to not shoot them.

Jake

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk

Oh, now I'm on my laptop and I see it worked twice! Oops.

Glad it was useful, though! :)

I think the shot and processing are fine, but not WHOA. What MAY make the shot boring is the composition though, the waterfall is deadcenter of frame both horizontally and vertically.

I think the shot and processing are fine, but not WHOA. What MAY make the shot boring is the composition though, the waterfall is deadcenter of frame both horizontally and vertically.

That could be.

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk

honestly I've seen enough of your work to not mind saying this and worried you'll get hurt feelings--- this sucks. you've done a ton of pics I think are absolutely great. I was actually working on an imitation of your image "jack" earlier today.

but this pic just isn't it. but for exmple your next flickr photo in the stream (whats under the surface, I think you titled it) is a shot I like.

just my two pennies, fwiw

honestly I've seen enough of your work to not mind saying this and worried you'll get hurt feelings--- this sucks. you've done a ton of pics I think are absolutely great. I was actually working on an imitation of your image "jack" earlier today.

but this pic just isn't it. but for exmple your next flickr photo in the stream (whats under the surface, I think you titled it) is a shot I like.

just my two pennies, fwiw

Thanks for being honest!

Jake

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Most reactions

Back