Corry

Flirtacious and Bodacious
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Website
corryttc.blogspot.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Ok, just to let you all know, currently, due to financial constraints, all I have is a cheap-hunk-o-plastic camera...extremely cheap. I probably won't post much til I can afford a nicer one, but I do have one or two I would like to post. But please remember when you critique: CHEAP CAMERA! (cheap, as in Studio 35, walgreens brand reusable (a.k.a. practically a disposable!)) Anyway, here are the two I want to post!

3398%3B9%3A323232%7Ffp58%3Dot%3E232%3B%3D%3A3%3C%3D527%3DXROQDF%3E23234%3A3%3A96%3B9%3Aot1lsi

3398%3B9%3A323232%7Ffp54%3Dot%3E232%3B%3D%3A3%3C%3D527%3DXROQDF%3E23234%3A3%3A96%3B9%3Bot1lsi

This second picture was much better before scanning...FYI.

Anyway, let me know what you think!

Ah, here you are then, Corry,
was just "down in Introduction" to welcome you and to ask you to, please, send some of your photos, and here they are.

And I'll stress the point I made "down in Introduction" again:
it's not the camera ... it's the 'eye' that makes the good photos.

Agreed, a good lense makes sharper pictures.
But the sunlight in "Memory lane" illuminating the children's hair - I quite like that.

Would have been nice if they had had feet, too...

The person in the water has "lost her feet" for obvious reasons, but in the children's pic they're... cut off. A pity.

they say its the lens that makes the shot :D

u've got great composition and content .. these photos have a lot of potential ... shot with a nice lens/camera (less faded color, under the circumstances)

I always heard the photographer is what makes shots good. There some elements that are better in more expensive cameras. Either way don't make excuses or whine about your camera nobody will judge you no matter how good or bad the pictures are. Part of the point to this site is to LEARN, imagine that.

Hi Core - you have a good eye! That first image captures such a nice moment. They're both very nice pictures. Some people struggle with composition no matter how pricey a camera they have; these show you have a knack for it. Keep shooting!

As they say, it's not that paintbrush....

You do have a great eye core_17. It's definately hard to get decent results with a plastic lens, let alone shooting into the sun.

nice ones core_17!

yep great eye both shots are sweet - and you'd be amazed what mileage you can get out of a cheap camera. I had a disposable camera once and had a great developer which made the pics look indistiguishable from a pro camera.

I actually like the faded look here, it has a real retro feel to it. I dig it :)

Thanks for the great feedback! Actually, I should have access to a pretty decent camera from time to time, soon. I can't remember the exact model...Canon EOS TI, I think. Anyway...it's my boyfriends (he recently bought it for a photography class that he's in...the one I've wanted to be in for over a year!!) He said I can borrow it when he isn't using it, but at the moment, since he's still in the class, he'll be using it a lot! I'm looking forward to the end of the semester! :D

hey core!!! while im not a fan of tons of people in a shot...i do like the second one...BECAUSE it is hazy it gives a feel that makes me concentrate more on the subject. my eye is drawn to her and i love the composition!!! great work!

md

in my opinion, there is absolutely nothing wrong with these shots -- they don't need to be tack sharp or super saturated. it's the simple fact that they're NOT that makes these work so well.

you've got some real keepers, they're perfect the way they are. they're able to convey the mood or message you intended, which is memory lane, and you've succeeded in that. the images are reminiscent of a dream.

they remind me of Bruce Weber's work, with a little Ellen Von Unwerth in it. photography has little to do with equipment.

sean

I have only a small portion of the photos posted on this forum have human subjects, but that tends to be what I like to photograph. (not always, I do have some good nature shots that I'll probably eventually post!) Anyway... I was wondering if anyone has any tips on photography people...maybe using this pics I posted as an example...or something. I would really like to eventually pursue portrait photography as a serious hobby or possibly a side career. My problem is, most of the time, I see portraits, and they are soooo boring and overdone! I want to learn how to take pictures that facinate the viewer. Sooo...any tips would be great! Thanks!

Really like that first one..absolutely captures the mood and the moment.

Love the composition of the first shot - their body language says it all.

Well done.

Tammy

core_17 said:
I see portraits, and they are soooo boring and overdone! I want to learn how to take pictures that facinate the viewer. Sooo...any tips would be great! Thanks!

I think you've already got it figured out; catch people doing stuff.

Most reactions

Back